This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Difference between an attack that's been avoided and an attack that misses?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Difference between an attack that's been avoided and an attack that misses?

User Info: Lylat_Cruiser

Lylat_Cruiser
3 years ago#1
Is there a difference? Sometimes my 90 hit chance razor leaf attack says it misses and sometimes it says avoided...
Fire Emblem. It's in my genes! >=D
"I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority by coming in anyway!"

Lylat_Cruiser
3 years ago#2
And no. This time the opponent did not use any moves that increases evasiveness.
"I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority by coming in anyway!"

User Info: Arne83

Arne83
3 years ago#3
When it's been avoided, the target pokemon moved out of the way.

When it missed, your pokemon's aim is s///.
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
Snowflame is greatest comic villain ever made. Shame on DC for letting him fade into obscurity.

User Info: mustardpi314

mustardpi314
3 years ago#4
i thought in this gen all the text says avoided the attack
i don't pay that much attention but i should've noticed that
Official Ninetales of the Pokemon X and Y boards
Now playing SSB games, SSF4AE, and other random stuff.

User Info: Dark_Einherjar

Dark_Einherjar
3 years ago#5
In what game is that?

IIRC, since Gen V, all instances of "[Pokémon]'s attack missed" have been changed to "Foe's [Pokémon] avoided the attack."
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black

User Info: Risenreturn

Risenreturn
3 years ago#6
Dark_Einherjar posted...
In what game is that?

IIRC, since Gen V, all instances of "[Pokémon]'s attack missed" have been changed to "Foe's [Pokémon] avoided the attack."

I don't think so... I haven't played much recently, ut I dont remember it.

Anyway, IIRC, "Foe's*Pokemon* avoided the attack" refers to in double battles, where a move like Razor Leaf can hit both opponents, but manages to hit one.

At least, I think that's how it works.
Pretend That there's a signature here.

Lylat_Cruiser
3 years ago#7
Dark_Einherjar posted...
In what game is that?

Diamond version. I'm pretty sure I've also seen it pop up for HG from time to time.

Lylat_Cruiser
3 years ago#8
Oh and it was in a singles battle.

User Info: Kami_no_Kami

Kami_no_Kami
3 years ago#9
When an attack is avoided, it's actually the trainer using the "DODGE IT!" move from the anime.

Lylat_Cruiser
3 years ago#10
Kami_no_Kami posted...
When an attack is avoided, it's actually the trainer using the "DODGE IT!" move from the anime.

Imagine if that is a new feature for X and Y through the use of the 3DS microphones. Battles have been taken to a whole new level!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Difference between an attack that's been avoided and an attack that misses?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived