This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Annual Fee for Pokemon Bank...?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Annual Fee for Pokemon Bank...?

User Info: DrakoVongola1

DrakoVongola1
3 years ago#21
It probably won't be that much at least. It should still be free though :/

Hejiru posted...
TherianReturns posted...
It will probably only be 3 dollars or so. Calm down.

Masuda: "Yes, it only costs 3 bucks..... per Pokemon. *evil laugh*

This is Gamefreak, not Capcom or EA >_>
Official leader of the Illuminati.

User Info: Socran

Socran
3 years ago#22
R-A-V posted...
BY annual fee, do they mean you have to pay monthly?

In case that's not a joke, "annual" means "yearly".
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."

User Info: SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord
3 years ago#23
Hmm. I wonder how long (if at all?) they'll hold someone's Pokemon for if the person stops paying the yearly fee.
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\

User Info: arvilino

arvilino
3 years ago#24
DrakoVongola1 posted...
It probably won't be that much at least. It should still be free though :/

I don't know, it sounds like it's a service they're going to use for the long haul, like it's going to be used for gen 7, 8, 9 etc.

Though I'd pay for one that lets you highlight a box and send dozens of Pokémon at a time.
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."

User Info: sammyslammer

sammyslammer
3 years ago#25
Even if it was $100 per year, most of you guys would still get it in order to transfer...
TL;DR The post above is too short.

User Info: Kapuxa

Kapuxa
3 years ago#26
I would never believe Pokemon would reach this point till today...this is some serious buzz kill. What the hell? User friendly and stuff...bull****. And they even make transfering exclusive to that...disapointing...

User Info: DrakoVongola1

DrakoVongola1
3 years ago#27
sammyslammer posted...
Even if it was $100 per year, most of you guys would still get it in order to transfer...

I wouldn't.

1) That's way too much money

2) I have nothing to transfer, X/Y will be my first main game since playing my friend's copy of Ruby for like an hour on a 4th grade field trip >_>
Official leader of the Illuminati.

User Info: Tzuba12

Tzuba12
3 years ago#28
Kapuxa posted...
I would never believe Pokemon would reach this point till today...this is some serious buzz kill. What the hell? User friendly and stuff...bull****. And they even make transfering exclusive to that...disapointing...

5 bucks a year... If you can't afford that, then you have other things to worry about.

Seriously, this bank is going to be used for years to come and for future games, that's a GREAT deal. Just 5 bucks a year to cover server cost and maintenance.
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba

User Info: faruway

faruway
3 years ago#29
You gotta be kidding...you mean we have to PAY to transfer a pokemon (like ex. your fav lvl 100 Pokemon that you've been using in your party and you went through all the effort in raising it) from Gen 5 to Gen 6!?

I don't know if game stores in my country actually sells any 3DS credit point cards because that could be a problem for Asian gamers, unless their game stores always sells 3DS credit point cards.
Official Insert character here of Kingdom Hearts 3 Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571

User Info: JoJoX200

JoJoX200
3 years ago#30
I can sort of see why people were expecting it to be free after Dream World was. I'm fine with it, however. An annual fee doesn't sound much at all and I can even see that as a sort of slow introduction into money management for kids - I never had that and my parents never thought of it, but I could've used it .

However, what I really expect of them now, regarding that:

- Still enough space on the pokemon games themselves - I don't want to see PokeBank as an excuse for reducing box space and making us pay.

- Only charge the fee if there is actual space used. If I don't have any pokemon stored in the cloud by the end of a year and only needed it to transfer, that seems a bit much.

- Really keep that system going. I don't want to see them making us pay, then scrap the whole thing with Gen 7 approaching. That's my main gripe with out-of-game features.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Annual Fee for Pokemon Bank...?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived