This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Replaying old games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Replaying old games

User Info: rfom123

rfom123
3 years ago#1
So, i've decided to replay some of the other generations of pokemon before X and Y come out.

I started playing Pokemon Platinum and it's been good to go back to Sinnoh. However, on this playthrough, i have already caught 2 shiny pokemon within the first 7 hours of playing, surely this can't be normal? I have only ever caught 1 shiny pokemon before this and that was in Soul Silver but catching 2 in the same game only a few hours apart is insane.

Are any of you guys replaying old gens?
Black2 FC : 4728 9052 0332
3DS FC : 0001 3296 0326

User Info: ecylis

ecylis
3 years ago#2
aehaeh

User Info: AlphaDiamond

AlphaDiamond
3 years ago#3
i replayed Diamond until i beat the E4, and i'm thinking of replaying HG, but i don't know what to do: if replay it as i always play (training the pokemon i like and catching everything i find) or try for the first time one of those Nuzlocke challenges...

User Info: kagster123

kagster123
3 years ago#4
Had a massive gen 3 and 4 revival starting 2 months ago. Even bought new games (XD, LG, and Colo) that I've never played. Now I'm building a team for the frontier in emerald and for platinum. It's been keeping me busy until X/Y come out, and even after that most likely, cause you know...haxx frontier.

Btw Emerald cloning glitch is the greatest thing to ever happen to Pokemon.
W2 FC-4041 7958 0763

User Info: rfom123

rfom123
3 years ago#5
I'm doing a nuzlocke challenge on Platinum at the moment. Also, catching all of the pokemon on B2 !
Black2 FC : 4728 9052 0332
3DS FC : 0001 3296 0326

User Info: JoJoX200

JoJoX200
3 years ago#6
AlphaDiamond posted...
i replayed Diamond until i beat the E4, and i'm thinking of replaying HG, but i don't know what to do: if replay it as i always play (training the pokemon i like and catching everything i find) or try for the first time one of those Nuzlocke challenges...

I like doing Monotype challenges on older games(Gen2 or 3, for the challenge with limited movesets) for replays. For normal replays, I never catch more than what I want on my team. Nuzlockes can be fun I guess, but my luck always got me a crit before even catching a second pokemon in Diamond, so I never do those.

As for what I do now, I'm trying to create a living dex on W2 after having completed the national pokedex.
http://jojodee.deviantart.com/ -- Fakemons and other stuff

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
3 years ago#7
I wanna replay platinum actually. What's your team? I'm using Infernape and I dunno.
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma

User Info: GoGoat

GoGoat
3 years ago#8
Finished replaying all the games again this year about 2 weeks ago. Was only planning on playing one game a month, but ended up going through one after another about halfway through the series.

Now I'm just 100%ing other games while waiting for X and Y.
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595

User Info: Dawndragon

Dawndragon
3 years ago#9
rfom123 posted...
Are any of you guys replaying old gens?

Yep.

It's part of a ridiculously convoluted plan for me to get as many pokemon as I can into as many games as I can including B2, before X/Y. (Including all of the starters and Legendaries.)

Trading between Emerald and Fire red can be a Pain though, same for the Wandering Legendaries.

I do have Pokemon Box and the Gamecube games though, so things are slightly easier.
Trade Partners: I Do not knowingly accept Hacked pokemon, Nor will I Knowingly trade them out.
3052-9840-7953 - Pokemon Black FC

User Info: MidniteZorua

MidniteZorua
3 years ago#10
After replaying Emerald, I'm probably going to replay Colosseum.
3DS: 3566-1678-7442 (Mid*nite)
Official Zorua of the Pokemon X / Y boards.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Replaying old games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived