This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About the priority of Mega Evolutions.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. About the priority of Mega Evolutions.

User Info: blademan08

blademan08
4 years ago#1
Not sure if this has been proven from the demo with Mega Mewtwo, but how does the priority of the ability or typing work?

Say I have a Charizard and I'm facing Kyogre. Drizzle had just been activated recently and it's stuck with Thunder via Choice Scarf. If I activate the Mega Evolution, will Drought work immediately or will Kyogre be able to strike with 100% accuracy before the ability kicks in?

On another note, say I expect a water attack and I want to defend its power by switching to Mega Ampharos for the dragon typing. If I make the switch, am I able to summon the mega form immediately before the water hits Ampharos in its normal form?

These possible restrictions could cripple the metagame for Megas, so I would like to know for closure.

User Info: RemixV4

RemixV4
4 years ago#2
Ive wondered too. I assume mega weather will work the same as switching. As for transforming to resist, i think the transformation goes first. unless they attack right after though, the opponent could just decide not to use that attack anymore
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.

User Info: MM125

MM125
4 years ago#3
Very good questions, but we won't know til the game comes out.
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. About the priority of Mega Evolutions.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived