This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So when are we gonna see the Gen 5 is bad topics?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So when are we gonna see the Gen 5 is bad topics?

User Info: FalxXD

FalxXD
3 years ago#11
Meh, everything after gen 2 sucked!
Official Magikarp of the pokemon boards.
3ds friend code: 0216-0976-7778

User Info: ChaosMew161

ChaosMew161
3 years ago#12
robinhoek posted...
Wall of text

Wow, you admit you didn't give 5th gen a fair shake. Also, Reuniclus would like to speak to you about 5th gen designs being sucky (most of them aren't).
When it comes to Pokemon, I like Generation V over Generation I. Flame me.
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5121-4760 (PM me if you added me with your FC!)

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 years ago#13
We got them during Gen 5.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: RX02Banshee

RX02Banshee
3 years ago#14
Never because there actually aren't any problems with gen 5 and it was pretty much the ultimate evolution of the 2D Pokemon games and a pair of great swansongs for the 2d games.
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
If a video game needs to sell more than a million copies to break even it has problems.

User Info: Pencil

Pencil
3 years ago#15
I didn't like Gen 4 and 5 as much as I thought I would. I literally ditched the game after a few hours of gameplay beyond the Elite 4. I didn't even bother with buying BW2 or Platinum for that matter. My average game time can't even surpass 60-70 Hours anymore.

Really excited for this Gen though.
3DS: 4313 - 0687- 5263 | AC: NL Town: Aries

User Info: Sammuthegreat

Sammuthegreat
3 years ago#16
robinhoek posted...
Gen 5 was bland to me honestly. The series has been growing stagnant but Gen 5 was the first time I felt it actually took a step back. I liked only a small handful of Gen 5 Pokemon, disliked the C-gear, the evil organization, characters and the region as well. I have had friends that felt similiar but who stuck it out and eventually it grew on them but to me it just felt very bland and I had other games in my backlog to get through so I decided to set it aside and skipped B2/W2 altogether.

From what I've seen of X and Y it looks as if I'm finally getting an installment that I can legitimately feel excited about. The Gen 6 Pokemon have been a higher quality design wise than most of gen 5 IMO and the Mega evos have retained the charm of the original Pokemon quite well (I wish Magmortar, Ryperior, etc had accomplished the same).

tldr: Didn't give gen 5 a fair shake. Thought it was bland. Gen 6 looks excellent.

I love it when other people save me the trouble of writing my own opinion out myself :)

User Info: Night_Shade115

Night_Shade115
3 years ago#17
Unova sucked. Gen 5 itself wasn't bad.
PSN ID: Night_Shade115
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So when are we gonna see the Gen 5 is bad topics?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived