The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Better type combo? Normal/Steel or Dragon/Bug or Fairy/Fighting

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Better type combo? Normal/Steel or Dragon/Bug or Fairy/Fighting

User Info: Xandrew

Xandrew
3 years ago#1
Type chart wise. And, which would you rather use if given the choice in abilities.
absence of proof is better proof against than for.

User Info: Mcis1979

Mcis1979
3 years ago#2
Normal steel: a bulldog with a bigass chain attached to it like it escaped but is bipedal maybe itsevolved form carries a lock attached to the end like a mace and the females carry a key.
Dragon bug: a huge ass black locust with red ominous eyes and w/ Vespiquens sigature moves
Fairy fighting: A special based pokemon thats a dove made to protect humans. Uses aura sphere and focus blast

The fairy fighting type honest.

User Info: Mcis1979

Mcis1979
3 years ago#3
Normal steel: a bulldog with a bigass chain attached to it like it escaped but is bipedal maybe itsevolved form carries a lock attached to the end like a mace and the females carry a key.
Dragon bug: a huge ass black locust with red ominous eyes and w/ Vespiquens sigature moves
Fairy fighting: A special based pokemon thats a dove made to protect humans. Uses aura sphere and focus blast

The fairy fighting type honestly

User Info: fissionprimer

fissionprimer
3 years ago#4
Normal/steel is going to the kill by them punches.

Dragon/Bug sounds like a cool type.
Sorry for my grammar, I'm typing on Ipad.

User Info: Pikaley

Pikaley
3 years ago#5
Xandrew posted...
Type chart wise. And, which would you rather use if given the choice in abilities.

dragon/bug sounds like flygon imo lol
3ds fc - 4983-5114-5815, Name: Brad
Official Pikachu and MegaPikachu of the Pokemon X Board

User Info: Metleon

Metleon
3 years ago#6
Normal/Steel: Gets killed by Fighting attacks. Normal doesn't seem to offer much offensively or defensively.
Dragon/Bug: Hits a silly amount of things SE in Ubers. Good excuse for a Tinted Lens Dragon-type, which isn't broken anymore due to Fairy.
Fairy/Fighting: Dual resistance to Dark and Bug is nice. Probably a good offensive Pokemon.

Assuming reasonable Abilities, I think I'd take the Dragon/Bug with Tinted Lens. Only things that truly resist both its STABs are Fairy Pokemon that are also Flying, Fighting, Steel, or Ghost.
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.

User Info: Belligero

Belligero
3 years ago#7
Normal/Steel is an inferior Fairy/Steel but also crippled by 4x Fighting weakness. Why bother?

Bug/Dragon sounds like a fun typing, but both stabs will get walled by Fairy and Steel.

Fighting/Fairy going to be one of the top balanced offensive and defensive typings. Good coverage, good resistances, few detrimental weaknesses.

User Info: abcDSBT

abcDSBT
3 years ago#8
Mcis1979 posted...

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Honest

Fairy/Fighting indeed.
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.
3DS FC: 1977-0538-5534

User Info: TeknoOdin

TeknoOdin
3 years ago#9
well before gen 6 Ghost/ dark was the best combo since it had no weakness really (only weakness was fighting and bug on dark side but ghost counteracts that) ...but my fav was ghost/dragon because i liked giratina
pokemon black friend code : 4641 9926 8931
psn TeknoOdin

User Info: KeyserVance

KeyserVance
3 years ago#10
abcDSBT posted...
Mcis1979 posted...

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Honest

Fairy/Fighting indeed.

This was my first thought.
Diamond Friend Code - KEYSER, 2921 9164 8828
SoulSilver Friend Code - KEYSER, 1634 6957 5881
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Better type combo? Normal/Steel or Dragon/Bug or Fairy/Fighting

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived