This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you want a device in Pokemon that directly translate Pokemon cries to text?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do you want a device in Pokemon that directly translate Pokemon cries to text?

User Info: PkmTrainerAbram

PkmTrainerAbram
3 years ago#11
FuneralCake posted...
I don't think it would be that interesting, honestly. I don't care about reading if my Pokemon is happy or hungry or whatever.

With Pokemon-amie, we get to interact with our Pokemon enough to experience how they're feeling rather than just read it.

This. I don't think it could be done properly at all.

600+ Pokemon
About 25 different natures.
Within that, each pokemon has different and conflicting characteristics that would need to be addressed.
With that, accounting for happiness/resentment/place in the story/area/Pokemon on the team/what the trainer is wearing/time of day/season/status condition/etc.

There's too much that needs to be accounted for before it even begins to actually work in practice.
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2 Perfect Run(JPN) 640/649 owned, Rayman Orgins(Wii)

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#12
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
600+ Pokemon
About 25 different natures.
Within that, each pokemon has different and conflicting characteristics that would need to be addressed.
With that, accounting for happiness/resentment/place in the story/area/Pokemon on the team/what the trainer is wearing/time of day/season/status condition/etc.

There's too much that needs to be accounted for before it even begins to actually work in practice.

From a programming perspective, it's actually really not difficult at all to do. Lots of conditional cases, but it's perfectly manageable and nothing sticks out as being overly-complicated.
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
http://i.minus.com/ibeTNBZS1C6k9v.gif

User Info: Deitylight

Deitylight
3 years ago#13
All of my want. I'm sure we'll see this feature in X and Y 2 or Generation 7.
I'm just happy I can interact with my pokemon now besides battling and contests/movies/etc, not that they were bad or anything.

User Info: Grammar_man

Grammar_man
3 years ago#14
IVIasterJay posted...
No. Pokemon aren't humans. Just the stupid telepathy in the movies pisses me off. These are creatures of immense power, not people- who-happen-to-look-like-animals of immense power.

"In Black 2 and White 2, if the player visits Lostlorn Forest, a Zoroark is disguised as a backpacker who talks to the player before dispelling its illusion and leaving."

Also, read this:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Talking_Pokémon

User Info: SlimeStack

SlimeStack
3 years ago#15
FuneralCake posted...
From a programming perspective, it's actually really not difficult at all to do. Lots of conditional cases, but it's perfectly manageable and nothing sticks out as being overly-complicated.

A living nightmare for the poor sods who have to write and translate all that text though!

Personally I wouldn't like this kind of feature. I prefer Pokémon when they're more animal-like.
Blah.

User Info: Gensokyo

Gensokyo
3 years ago#16
IVIasterJay posted...
No. Pokemon aren't humans. Just the stupid telepathy in the movies pisses me off. These are creatures of immense power, not people- who-happen-to-look-like-animals of immense power.

http://legendsoflocalization.com/did-you-know-people-used-to-marry-pokemon-all-the-time/

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
3 years ago#17
We saw such a device get used in XD. All it did was mute the Pokemon instead.

User Info: Nado6

Nado6
3 years ago#18
Spinda: We are the Spinda Hive mind, prepare to be assimilated.

User Info: Nanabobo

Nanabobo
3 years ago#19
Okay, so call me ridiculous, but even in a series that involves stuffing human-sized creatures into gachapon capsules; animals smaller than that issuing gallons of water from their mouths; eight-inch tall birds that can carry humans across the sky; and kids going out on their own with fire-starting monstrosities that could easily accidentally kill them? A speech-translator is too unrealistic for me. I know we're getting closer to it, but let's face it- Youtube's autocaptions can't even pick up a single language, let alone a single language translated into another.
ACNL Dream Address 4100-2150-3577

User Info: deidara21

deidara21
3 years ago#20
Froakie: All glory to the hypno froak.

Kriketune: Kluk Kluk Kluk woooooo
Boy:Cream?
Girl:No thank you. I take it black, like my men.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do you want a device in Pokemon that directly translate Pokemon cries to text?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived