This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone still think Chespin's final evo will be Grass/Dark?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone still think Chespin's final evo will be Grass/Dark?

User Info: Sygma01

Sygma01
3 years ago#1
My friend made an interesting point at pointing out how Dark-types usually have an appearance that caters towards sinister (Darkrai), mischievous (Sneasel), wicked (Houndoom), or ...Umbreon (Umbreon).

Yes, yes, I already know "aesthetics isn't enough to judge", "some Pokèmon evolve into a radically out-of-nowhere direction"...

All I'm asking is after seeing that Chespin becomes Quilladin, does anyone here still think that ultimately Chespin's final form will result in the often rumored Grass/Dark? Or is anyone considering otherwise?

For me, other than looking too...derp as Quilladin to be Dark in its final form, I want to believe the rumor of its final form, where it supposedly looks like "it's wearing more 'armor' and resembles a 'Football player'", which makes it sound like it should be Fighting, and also I'd like Ninja Frog evo to turn Water/Fighting (he says, knowing that Water/Dark is just as cool).

User Info: Missingno_Mastr

Missingno_Mastr
3 years ago#2
Well, I'd imagine Quilladin not looking like a Dark-type doesn't mean that much, given that Quilladin itself is in fact not a Dark-type. I mean, think about it- if you encounter a Cacnea or a Seedot for the first time, knowing nothing of their evolved forms, would you think "Oh, yeah. They become Grass/Dark, no question"? I wouldn't. Hell, I didn't- Grass/Dark never crossed my mind when I first saw Seedot in Ruby, and back then I knew nothing of Nuzleaf or Shiftry.
http://warflame.wikia.com/wiki/Missingno._Master http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/1407/jh6l.gif

User Info: Belligero

Belligero
3 years ago#3
Missingno_Mastr posted...
Well, I'd imagine Quilladin not looking like a Dark-type doesn't mean that much, given that Quilladin itself is in fact not a Dark-type. I mean, think about it- if you encounter a Cacnea or a Seedot for the first time, knowing nothing of their evolved forms, would you think "Oh, yeah. They become Grass/Dark, no question"? I wouldn't. Hell, I didn't- Grass/Dark never crossed my mind when I first saw Seedot in Ruby, and back then I knew nothing of Nuzleaf or Shiftry.

Pretty much pinned down my thought on this.

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
3 years ago#4
Flying-types typically have an appearance that caters toward, y'know, wings.

After seeing Charmeleon, does anyone here still think that ultimately Charmander's final form will result in the often rumored Fire/Flying? Or is anyone considering otherwise?
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: Sloth9230

Sloth9230
3 years ago#5
jayman7 posted...
Flying-types typically have an appearance that caters toward, y'know, wings.

After seeing Charmeleon, does anyone here still think that ultimately Charmander's final form will result in the often rumored Fire/Flying? Or is anyone considering otherwise?

Wings? Flying? That's stupid, it'll just become a dragon.

User Info: Lord_Vishana

Lord_Vishana
3 years ago#6
Without taking Malimar into consideration, use Inkay as an example. It's a Dark/Psychic type and the aesthetic design makes it look so cute an innocent looking. Not until it evolves does it look sinister.
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png World's Biggest Kenichi Ebina Fan 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds

User Info: SNRGTCgamer

SNRGTCgamer
3 years ago#7
Missingno_Mastr beat me to the punch. I was just about to bring up Seedot. Anyway...

One thing that came to my attention is concerning the whole Grass/Steel debate because it's based on a knight or rather it will become one when Quilladin evolves. As a Grass-type it could easily just develop wood armor to fit the whole knight aspect. Not all armor is made from metal.

User Info: gladwyn101

gladwyn101
3 years ago#8
I think Quilladin becomes either Grass/Steel or Grass/Fighting, since the line is supposedly based off of knights/paladins.
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)

User Info: Mage_Lord

Mage_Lord
3 years ago#9
Chespin is going to be a dark knight
Paildramon for Smash Bros. 5

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 years ago#10
I trust the leaks, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was right the first time and Grass/Fighting and Water/Dark.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone still think Chespin's final evo will be Grass/Dark?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived