This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone still think Chespin's final evo will be Grass/Dark?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone still think Chespin's final evo will be Grass/Dark?

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
4 years ago#61
Sloth9230 posted...
Ground beating fire is fine. It doesn't have to beat the psychic part of Fenniken. The only problem is Froakie and it's typing.

Buh?

I was saying that Grass/Ground is the sort of type you put in a starter if you're trying to set up a double triangle, like, oh, say, the fourth gen did. With Grass/Ground. And that if you don't want a double triangle, then Fennekin would have to pick up something Ground-resistant in its place, but no one expects that.

And that whatever you feel about starter triangles, GameFreak seems quite committed to them. I again bring up Mega Charizard and its lack of Dragon type. While the fad on this board is to say "Charizard is NOT A DRAGON LOL", be honest and tell me that, if Charizard was introduced this gen instead of five gens ago, you'd be stunned when it turned out to be Fire/Flying. Thing is, Fire/Dragon isn't weak to Water - and with Mega Venusaur getting Thick Fat, Charizard needs that Flying type in order to keep the advantage he's supposed to have.

With the leak, anything besides Grass/Dark and maybe Grass/Fighting is pretty much moot anyway.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: NewbieN00b

NewbieN00b
4 years ago#62
Maybe, it almost looks too happy XD
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791

User Info: Sloth9230

Sloth9230
4 years ago#63
jayman7 posted...

Buh?

I was saying that Grass/Ground is the sort of type you put in a starter if you're trying to set up a double triangle, like, oh, say, the fourth gen did.

Gen 4ths triangle didn't even work because neither Water or Steel could hit Torterra for SE, Ice beam wasn't a stab move and so the triangle doesn't have to rely on what hits for S/E.

Sloth9230
4 years ago#64
We had an imperfect triangle before, we can have one again.

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
4 years ago#65
True, Ice wasn't STAB for Empoleon. However, Torterra took 4x damage from it. Everything else around the double triangle did only 3x damage (STAB + single weakness). Who wins that exchange?
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

Sloth9230
4 years ago#66
jayman7 posted...
True, Ice wasn't STAB for Empoleon. However, Torterra took 4x damage from it. Everything else around the double triangle did only 3x damage (STAB + single weakness). Who wins that exchange?

Not Torterra.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone still think Chespin's final evo will be Grass/Dark?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived