This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In what order would you list the design of the pokes in each gen?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. In what order would you list the design of the pokes in each gen?

User Info: Chairstood

Chairstood
3 years ago#1
Gen 1
Gen 2
Gen 6
Gen 4
Gen 3
Gen 5

I like the designs of gen 1 pokes the most because most of them actually look like animals we know of.
Gen 5 is just all around horrible imo, at least Game Freak is redeeming themselves with gen 6.
Digimon World Re Digitize Decode and Dynasty Warriors 8. Check them out.
PSN name: Lawfreeze

User Info: MidnightCrew

MidnightCrew
3 years ago#2
Gen 5
Gen 2
Gen 4
Gen 3
Gen 1
Gen 6
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards. Official Beheeyem of the X/Y Boards.

User Info: Sammuthegreat

Sammuthegreat
3 years ago#3
Gen1 - good for the most part. A few uninspired designs and a few I plain don't like.
Gen2 - good again for the most part, but probably more that I don't like than Gen1.
Gen3 - awesome for the most part. A few bad ones but mostly good.
Gen4 - ok for the most part, but quite a few I don't like, and a real lack of ones I really love.
Gen5 - mediocre. Plenty that I love, but also a whole lot that I can't. Totally different feel to the other Gens.
Gen6 - so far, so good. Only two or three that I don't particularly like, and the rest I pretty much love.

Gen6 (so far) > Gen3 > Gen1 > Gen2 > Gen4 > Gen5.

User Info: Socran

Socran
3 years ago#4
Gen 2 (aside from the horrible starters) > Gen 1 = Gen 5 > Gen 4 > Gen 3 (which is the only one I'd call "bad")

Gen 6 is looking pretty good, but I'm not going to rank it yet.
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."

User Info: Infernus93

Infernus93
3 years ago#5
Gen 1
Gen 6
Gen 2
Gen 4
Gen 3
Gen 5

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, TC, just with 6 and 2 flipped, and apparently for different reasons.

Gen 6 could either drop or rise, depending on what else shows up. I'm not including my opinion on megas, though I think they'd kind of be a wash for me anyway. For each one I don't like, there's one I like a lot.

Gen 2 and Gen 3 are kind of similar to me in that they have a lot of designs I'm indifferent to mixed in with the ones I like and the ones I don't.

Gen 4 and Gen 5 have the opposite issue, where they seem split almost in half between designs I really like, and designs I dislike, with very little that I'm indifferent to.

I like almost every Gen 1 design. Clefable is the most notable exception.
Bow down to a true Pokemon-Amiiie!

User Info: The_Sol_Blader

The_Sol_Blader
3 years ago#6
Gen 5
Gen 6
Gen 3
Gen 4
Gen 2
Gen 1
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband

User Info: RotomGuy3

RotomGuy3
3 years ago#7
Gen 6 - Every single design is a gem so far. The only one I really dislike is Pyroar Female.
Gen 3 - A lot of good designs, very few which I dislike.
Gen 5 - Also a lot of good designs. Less than Gen 3, but still plenty of great ones.
Gen 4 - Rotom.
Gen 1 - This Gen is good, but loses so many points because of Jynx
Gen 2 - Nope. A few designs stand out, but there are just too many I'm indifferent too.

User Info: chubawake

chubawake
3 years ago#8
III > V > II > IV > I

Something like that. Rationale:

Personally, I feel that Gen III and V struck the perfect balance between simplicity (I and II) and complexity (parts of IV). The reason I rank III above V is because I vastly prefer the starters and legendaries of the former.

Between Gen I and II, I just happen to prefer the designs of the latter (especially legendaries, though I don't care for the starters).

Gen IV has my least favourite individual designs (i.e. Rhyperior/Dialga/Arceus), though I like the rest of the dex enough to put it above Gen I.

It's all fairly close regardless; I can't really understand disliking an entire generation of designs.
But hey, that's just me.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. In what order would you list the design of the pokes in each gen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived