This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Aren't people a little tired of Pokemon?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Aren't people a little tired of Pokemon?

User Info: lnteger

lnteger
3 years ago#1
I remember when I was five years old I needed to train for five minutes to beat the gym leaders.

Now I just avoid every battle I possibly can and I'm still be able to OHKO half the Pokemon I face.

Ok, fine. Maybe the gameplay is a little easy. But the story makes up for that!

I mean, there's a villain. And there's a good guy. And the good guy defeats the villain in the end. And then we learn the villain wasn't completely bad after all. There is no pure evil. What a wonderful, happy world we live in!

Rinse and repeat for 60 Pokemon games.

But then again, maybe I'm being too harsh. There are some pretty amazing improvements with each new game.

I mean, the names of the Pokemon are always different!
Take a good look at the guy in the mirror

User Info: GoreGross

GoreGross
3 years ago#2
I hope the people on this website are sensible enough to realize this is a bait topic. But maybe I've been here for too long.

Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#3
Because it's not like there's anything more to the games when you defeat the Elite 4. You can only battle in-game trainers, and there aren't any in-game facilities you can use to test your teams or anything like that.

I completely agree with you!
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
http://i.minus.com/ibeTNBZS1C6k9v.gif

User Info: The_Sol_Blader

The_Sol_Blader
3 years ago#4
I mean, there's a villain. And there's a good guy. And the good guy defeats the villain in the end. And then we learn the villain wasn't completely bad after all. There is no pure evil. What a wonderful, happy world we live in!

Someone didn't played gen 5
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#5
FuneralCake posted...
Because it's not like there's anything more to the games when you defeat the Elite 4. You can only battle in-game trainers, and there aren't any in-game facilities you can use to test your teams or anything like that.

I completely agree with you!

There isn't even a multiplayer where you can fight other people's Pokemon either!
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
3 years ago#6
a lot of younger kids are getting into the games that keeps it fresh.

I skip a gen here or there because I'm an old fart now.

User Info: yoshirulezzz

yoshirulezzz
3 years ago#7
Aren't people tired of breathing I mean like we do it every second

User Info: Xaltheron

Xaltheron
3 years ago#8
The closer we get to release, the more topics like this appear, and it's only going to get worse from here...

User Info: Groadergreen

Groadergreen
3 years ago#9
No replay value or post game. It would be nice if I could try out different pokemon with different movesets against other players or maybe just try to collect all of them. Just fight a few gyms and the Elite 4 and game over. What a ripoff!
The Official Demonee-Ho of the SMT IV Board

User Info: Rad_Dudesman

Rad_Dudesman
3 years ago#10
They see me trollin'

They hatin'
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
Blaze the Cat is cool. People who agree: 5
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Aren't people a little tired of Pokemon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived