This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Be honest, how many of you weren't alive when gen 1 came out?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Be honest, how many of you weren't alive when gen 1 came out?

User Info: SCREAMINGBEATSS

SCREAMINGBEATSS
4 years ago#1
Honestly, I'm not trolling or trying to calm anyone out it's just I was born in 90, I'm 23 years old and started playing with Blue version in 95. Sometimes I forget that was nearly 20 years ago and a lot of people playing pokemon or even posting here are easily 13-15 years old.

Are there a lot of early - mid 20 year olds like me still way into pokemon?
Hahascream
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8391/hahascream.png

User Info: roxbury1990

roxbury1990
4 years ago#2
I am also a 1990 kid. 23, been playing pokemon since the first games came out. I'm clearly hooked.
White FC: 2581 1588 9644 // wii code = 1308 9776 3256 7038 // 3DS FC: 4527-7258-1744 // GamerTag: Loftice
Parasect is the BEST

User Info: CrucibleOfTruth

CrucibleOfTruth
4 years ago#3
20 on the dot, started with blue in 2000. the franchise reached my country around that time, and it was a huge deal.

User Info: aaron1111

aaron1111
4 years ago#4
I was 4 when Red and Blue came out in North America. And 2 when Red and Green where released in Japan.

User Info: kirbydude385

kirbydude385
4 years ago#5
i was alive, but bought red like 4 years after it came out (though it was still being sold new in stores)
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous

User Info: sandman64000

sandman64000
4 years ago#6
Born in 1994. I loved the anime, but I didn't start playing the games until 2004. Emerald was my first Pokemon game.
3DS: 0061-0548-0526

User Info: superdiddy34

superdiddy34
4 years ago#7
i turn 20 tomorrow
Gamertag: Urbandemon34/TheRedTaco

User Info: Raven_fanboy

Raven_fanboy
4 years ago#8
1985 here. I dunno if I'd say "way into" all things Pokemon still, but I usually try to keep up with the main games when they come out. Think the only other thing I'm really looking forward too is that "Pokemon : The Origin" thing about Red and his journey.

Edit : Forgot to mention, I started with the original US release of Red and Blue for Gameboy

User Info: RedShadowww

RedShadowww
4 years ago#9
aaron1111 posted...
I was 4 when Red and Blue came out in North America. And 2 when Red and Green where released in Japan.
3DS Friend Code: 2637-9811-0553
Add me for Pokemon X/Y, PM me with your friend code if you did.

User Info: TopStarRacer

TopStarRacer
4 years ago#10
I was. I started with the anime and collected the cards but didn't begin the video games until Generation 3, FireRed being my first of the main games.
The Craziest ExciteBots: Trick Racing videos on my channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/TopStarRacer
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Be honest, how many of you weren't alive when gen 1 came out?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived