This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How you play the game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How you play the game

User Info: PhroFiXLOL

PhroFiXLOL
3 years ago#1
Anyone else going to go through this game, catching every pokemon in every route? Or am i the only one who does this lol >.<

User Info: AAngelMichael

AAngelMichael
3 years ago#2
You're not alone. I do the same thing. I never move on until I have at least one of every pokemon available in an area.
3DS Friend Code: 2466-2280-9220 ACNL Town: Cascadia
"Way past cool!" - Sonic the Hedgehog

PhroFiXLOL
3 years ago#3
Haha good, always thought i was weird being so ocd about it, sometimes annoying getting those < 5% encounter rate ones though.

User Info: Hydra_Gundam_

Hydra_Gundam_
3 years ago#4
I try to catch every Poke I encounter that hasnt been caught yet.

Mostly when Im grinding for level ups I guess. So I dont have to come back to every little route post game.
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#5
I don't usually catch every Pokemon in a route before moving on, mostly due to the fact that I won't know what's on every route, and also because I would rather go back and catch them when I'm done with the story. I still take my sweet ass time playing through the story, but that doesn't mean I won't leave an area until I catch everything.
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
http://i.minus.com/ibeTNBZS1C6k9v.gif

User Info: AAngelMichael

AAngelMichael
3 years ago#6
PhroFiXLOL posted...
Haha good, always thought i was weird being so ocd about it, sometimes annoying getting those < 5% encounter rate ones though.

I hear ya. I usually end up over-leveling some of my pokemon when trying to find the ones with low spawn rates but I love collecting them all and the sooner I can get more, the better. Or it's just OCD like you said. Heh.
3DS Friend Code: 2466-2280-9220 ACNL Town: Cascadia
"Way past cool!" - Sonic the Hedgehog

User Info: Golurkcanfly

Golurkcanfly
3 years ago#7
I actually have a different playstyle every game.

The most recent examples are: White, where I catch every new Pokemon I see and use lots of buffs and debuffs and Black 2, where I mainly focus on weather and status effects while catching only Pokemon I really want and not using items.
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board

User Info: bakkahentai8600

bakkahentai8600
3 years ago#8
I don't catch evolved Pokemon, but I do catch all of the pre-evolutions.
Previously the_sage2600
I'm baaaacccckkkkk

PhroFiXLOL
3 years ago#9
Any of you go for specific natures, or ev train a bit early on to get that extra little boost in the stat you want? did that in my last platinum run, and felt really op, wasnt overleveled at all either.

User Info: zantx

zantx
3 years ago#10
I started to do that in B2 with the new handy Habitat List feature in the Pokedex. Hopefully that feature returns in X&Y.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How you play the game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived