This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you embarrassed of playing Pokemon?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Are you embarrassed of playing Pokemon?

User Info: 13121987

3 years ago#1

I am 26, and I am working. I carry my Pikachu DS XL everywhere I go. I surf Pokémon on my mobile and computers in public.

People have been laughing at me since I am 12 years old.

But I don't care. I love Pokémon, and talk about it all the time. To be honest, I am more proud of it than embarrass, and I want to teach the world all about how in depth Pokémon really is.

Maybe that is why I don't have a girlfriend. :(

User Info: MegaManPokeDude

MegaManPokeDude
3 years ago#2
Agh! You fool! Alter your perception of the planet! This is how you will reach your destiny!
My ready is delicious

User Info: Rachni

Rachni
3 years ago#3
Nope not at all. I love the games ever since Red and Blue. I love the progression and the constant changes to the games over the years. There is no other game that I have logged more hours into playing than Pokémon. I can't wait to share it with my kids when I become a parent. It is the greatest series out there.
(White: 2365-6616-1546) Black: 4212-5139-4024 (White 2: 4771-9057-6478)
3DS FC: 4785-5158-9717

User Info: LightningHawk90

LightningHawk90
3 years ago#4
**** No.

I'll play pokemon till I die and be proud of it.

**** what people think.
Formerly RageKaiser. Still here to ruin unfunny topics :)

User Info: RAcastBlaster

RAcastBlaster
3 years ago#5
...People still care about that sort of thing...?
Currently playing: MMZCollection, Pokemon Black 2 [2538 3598 3001], FE:Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299

User Info: StevenDrkPrince

StevenDrkPrince
3 years ago#6
No.
3DS FC: 4296-3067-2375 - $teven from Kalos
"War. War never changes." LOOKING FOR PUDGE

User Info: TeamEon

TeamEon
3 years ago#7
It is petty for people to make fun of others just because someone plays Pokemon. Personally, I am 26 and I have played it since RBY and play it openly. If someone questions me, I just say that I enjoy the game. That is usually enough for the people I interact with.
Nintendo ID: TeamEon

User Info: 13121987

3 years ago#8
To be honest, I have seen Pokémon fans secretly surfing Pokémon during lunch, and quickly closing the windows when someone walks in.

That is just... sad... I think.

User Info: Megaman6924

Megaman6924
3 years ago#9
13121987 posted...

I am 26, and I am working. I carry my Pikachu DS XL everywhere I go. I surf Pokémon on my mobile and computers in public.

But I don't care. I love Pokémon, and talk about it all the time. To be honest, I am more proud of it than embarrass, and I want to teach the world all about how in depth Pokémon really is.

Those people are idiots for laughing at you, and it's probably because they don't know a good thing when they see it. Most of them probably play nothing but Call of Duty 24/7 and have nothing else going on with their lives. You certainly shouldn't be at all embarrassed about playing Pokemon. I know I'm not.
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

User Info: Rachni

Rachni
3 years ago#10
13121987 posted...

I play in between my classes at college. It is the best game to take with you during travel too. :)
(White: 2365-6616-1546) Black: 4212-5139-4024 (White 2: 4771-9057-6478)
3DS FC: 4785-5158-9717
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Are you embarrassed of playing Pokemon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived