This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you have an "open spot" in your team you use for any Pokemon?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do you have an "open spot" in your team you use for any Pokemon?

User Info: AzureEverything

AzureEverything
4 years ago#1
In my games, I always pick four I like...for Gen 6, I'll have Fennekin, Keldeo, Xerneas, and Reshiram as my main guys, an HM slave, then an open spot for Pokemon that I want to use only some of the time...like for gyms, or special battles. I always hated that we could only have six at a time. Then I relented and make the permanent six a permanent four and made the last two slots "extra characters" like in Final Fantasy when you get guest characters.
Do you utilize such a system or do you like all Pokemon and don't have a set team?
Freya Crescent is awesome...you cannot deny that, EVER.

User Info: MissCarriage

MissCarriage
4 years ago#2
I also think 6 Pokemon is way too limited.

I hate having to use HM slaves because that basically means you'll have 5 maximum useful team members on your team. And since I don't like many Flying types, I don't like having to rely on the Fly HM either.
Love me long time.

User Info: NegaZelda

NegaZelda
4 years ago#3
Depends on the game. For Kanto, I usually have 5 + a flier. For Johto, I have 4 + a flier and an open spot. For Hoenn, I have 6. For Sinnoh, I have 4 + a flier + an open spot and for Unova I had 6 both times.

Also, TC, your sig speaks so much truth. Such a tragedy that her arc ended so quickly with little resolution. =(
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.
Black 2 FC: 0132-9980-0476 (Aki), 3DS FC: 5284-2520-2972

User Info: FullAutoCVT

FullAutoCVT
4 years ago#4
I usually have 4 or even 3 fighters and 2 or 3 HM slaves (for things like flash or dig).

I don't need a whole lot of soldiers to get through the game smoothly, and worry about expanding during the postgame.

User Info: Darkraior99

Darkraior99
4 years ago#5
I have one slot I'm still not sure about. If this gen has less HM use then I can certainly narrow down my options.

And Freya definitely needs more recognition. My favorite character and she stops talking half way through the game. =/
<--Apparently a hipster.

User Info: MickeyRocksa

MickeyRocksa
4 years ago#6
I feel like each game hm's become less and less used

excluding surf
Fight Me.... MICKEYx 3ds FC: 4141-2356-8625 ...pm me 1st
DBZ Battle of the Gods should be dubbed spread da word

User Info: ecylis

ecylis
4 years ago#7
I did in BW because I could only find 5 Pokemon I actually wanted to use and were readily available through most of the game

User Info: ChibiDeidara

ChibiDeidara
4 years ago#8
I always hated giving Cut to a Pokemon who i know i will use often
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-

User Info: 17Master

17Master
4 years ago#9
I always run four main Pokemon and two filler spots for field moves or anything else (like if a certain NPC wants to see a certain Pokemon, or the lady that gives you the Heart Scales in BW2).

Freya Crescent is awesome...you cannot deny that, EVER.

****ing right, man. Freya is the best.
http://www.youtube.com/user/17Master

User Info: tsunamisurfer08

tsunamisurfer08
4 years ago#10
Wait.
Wait.
WAIT.

THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE THAT LIKE FF9?!

I'm not alone after all...

On topic: I don't necessarily have an "open spot". It's more like "most likely to be replaced if needed".
Everything I have ever learned about life can be summed up in three words: It goes on.
-Robert Frost
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do you have an "open spot" in your team you use for any Pokemon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived