This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should i play black/white (1 or 2) before x/y?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Should i play black/white (1 or 2) before x/y?

User Info: schrutenator

schrutenator
4 years ago#1
I know the stories don't carry over. Should i skip a generation? seeing that there's a lot of improvements for x/y?

Thanks

User Info: BottleOf_Wishes

BottleOf_Wishes
4 years ago#2
Well you should probably play at least one of those games so you can trade stuff over to X and Y
Sometimes your wish comes true.

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
4 years ago#3
Just get X/Y. White/Black would just make you a little tired of Pokemon before playing X/Y, which serves no purpose...

User Info: Hitagi

Hitagi
4 years ago#4
You should play them because they're fantastic games.

User Info: Jakerific44

Jakerific44
4 years ago#5
Eh, it shouldn't really matter if you skip B/W, IMO, they weren't even that great to begin with, and even if they were, there's no need to play them.
El. Psy. Congroo.

User Info: schrutenator

schrutenator
4 years ago#6
I heard that we need to buy an app for $4.99/year called pokemon bank to transfer stuff. Last time i played two pokemon games in a row i got bored and never finished the second. So, i might just play x/y then.

Thanks for the responses

User Info: thephoenixlives

thephoenixlives
4 years ago#7
Personally, I'm waiting to finish X and Y before I revisit fifth gen (from which I've only played Black 1). Once I figure out exactly how many Pokemon I can get out of X and Y, I'll map out which games will be necessary to complete the Dex.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Should i play black/white (1 or 2) before x/y?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived