The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Reaction: GameFreak decides against doing R/S/E remakes because instead

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Your Reaction: GameFreak decides against doing R/S/E remakes because instead

User Info: Fierce_Deity777

Fierce_Deity777
3 years ago#31
1998_z posted...
Haters can drown on those water routes.

I'll definitely buy it.

I agree. I feel like Gen 3 was one of the best gens. Though held back by issues such as being pre physical/special split. Though I can't speak on the competitive side of things, since I wasn't really into hardcore pvp play at the time. It's also one of the few gens that I feel really provided a decent challenge. If for nothing else but status running rampant in-game.

It's been so long, though. I don't see why they WOULDN'T do a revisit to Hoenn.
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.

User Info: keybladesrus

keybladesrus
3 years ago#32
Gen 3 was the best gen, imo, so I'd love either a remake or sequel. But here's what a lot of people in this topic sound like: "I don't like it, so no one else should get it either!"

If you don't want a Hoenn remake/sequel, don't buy it. It's inevitable that it will happen eventually, so let the people who will love it have they're fun. It may even change your opinion of the gen. I didn't care for gen 5, but B/W 2 gave me a better opinion of it.
"My favorite color of poop is seven." - Seanbaby, cracked.com
The Official Nox of the Kingdom Hearts 3 Board

User Info: dragonite241992

dragonite241992
3 years ago#33
A remake is fine but.. since gen V skipped one, it's going to be difficult to fit all the new pokemon in postgame.
White 2 FC: 1120 8156 5034

User Info: Bluelynx87

Bluelynx87
3 years ago#34
Either way is good as long as we get a new game containing Hoenn since its the only region that has not been remade and s sill only in the old cart format

User Info: ZTIger5

ZTIger5
3 years ago#35
Interesting idea. I'd certainly go for it.
3DS Friend Code: 2621-3147-6988
I believe in everlasting life in Heaven.

User Info: Nightcrawler65

Nightcrawler65
3 years ago#36
I'd love R/S/E sequels. As for post-game, what about the Sevii Islands? They were introduced in the same gen, just in other games, so it wouldn't be too far-fetched I don't think.
My family has more genetic defects than an incestuous brood of Mormon rednecks living on a trailer park at Chernobyl Psychic Cabbage

User Info: ShadowMario3

ShadowMario3
3 years ago#37
That would be better than remaking the games.
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowMario3
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Your Reaction: GameFreak decides against doing R/S/E remakes because instead

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived