This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After reading/seeing some story spoilers, more Kalos pokemon later? (SPOILERS!!)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. After reading/seeing some story spoilers, more Kalos pokemon later? (SPOILERS!!)

User Info: xyzlactic

xyzlactic
3 years ago#11
Omg I can't wait for the rest of the Kalos Pokemon :)
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xyzlactic

User Info: Zero97

Zero97
3 years ago#12
Holoogamooga_ posted...
Genericgamer667 posted...
so uh

why the hell did reviewers say this was a childish story?

Because it sure sounds like a been-there-done-that JRPG story.

not really, no.

over the top stuff happened before, but I don't remember playing a jRPG with a story like this one.

and what I posted isn't the full thing, I didn't spoil it all :p
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97 (no, I wasn't born in 1997)

User Info: VergilsGirl

VergilsGirl
3 years ago#13
Holoogamooga_ posted...
so uh

As the daughter of an author and a writer myself, I'll tell you the bitter truth: there are only about 21 plotlines in existence, and 26 character archetypes. Thus, if you read/play alot of a certain genre of books/games, you start seeing the same plot over and over because it's what works. Reviewers b**** because they don't know or refuse to understand this fact.
Pokemon White FC: Oua yin/ 3784-0205-1998
Official head of the Kansas Assassin's branch for the ACIII boards

User Info: Zero97

Zero97
3 years ago#14
VergilsGirl posted...
Holoogamooga_ posted...
so uh

As the daughter of an author and a writer myself, I'll tell you the bitter truth: there are only about 21 plotlines in existence, and 26 character archetypes. Thus, if you read/play alot of a certain genre of books/games, you start seeing the same plot over and over because it's what works. Reviewers b**** because they don't know or refuse to understand this fact.

or they simply don't give points for story in a pokemon game?

or they are like gen 1 crowd, who still play but not for story because lol plot.
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97 (no, I wasn't born in 1997)

User Info: Holoogamooga_

Holoogamooga_
3 years ago#15
VergilsGirl posted...
Holoogamooga_ posted...
so uh

Oh, I know. It takes a special writer to actually incorporate strong characters that make the reader care about the twists and turns of the plot.

I personally play Pokemon for the gameplay. My least favorite part of Gen V, at least on a second playthrough, was that I couldn't skip cutscenes. I was actually impressed with the story as far as Pokemon games go (primarily the relationship between Ghetsis and N), so maybe I'll be surprised again.

User Info: ThunderPotato

ThunderPotato
3 years ago#16
Holoogamooga_ posted...
so uh

Even if it had been done thousands of times, it isn't childish per se.
Signature.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. After reading/seeing some story spoilers, more Kalos pokemon later? (SPOILERS!!)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived