This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Maximum EVs different this generation?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Maximum EVs different this generation?

User Info: cuttingedge4321

cuttingedge4321
3 years ago#1
Last generation you used to have 255 max per stat, 510 total. Is it known yet whether that has changed or not?

User Info: CalciferJenkins

CalciferJenkins
3 years ago#2
It's changed. Still 510 I think, but each stat caps at 252, which is great.
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.

User Info: cuttingedge4321

cuttingedge4321
3 years ago#3
Is that confirmed? That is really convenient

User Info: luigisp

luigisp
3 years ago#4
It is still yet to be confirmed whether stats can go above 252, but in Super Training, the game won't let the stat go over 252 for optimization purposes.

User Info: CalciferJenkins

CalciferJenkins
3 years ago#5
Yep, you can super train two stats until they can be trained no more, then you can put six EVs into another stat. An excellent change.
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.

User Info: OmegaDragon

OmegaDragon
3 years ago#6
Oh man I so very much agree. It was a pain to have to keep track before, but now I can just grind it away and it'll even tell me when it's done. <3
-~ Rawr ~-
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2311-3565

User Info: deoxyscyclone

deoxyscyclone
3 years ago#7
Wait, seriously?! Is this true?! If so, oh my gods, yes! No more mindlessly tallying up points! xD This is a happy day for the mid-casual-hardcore Pokemon fan. :D
http://nightsbeta09.deviantart.com/
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! I LP my favorite games! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights

User Info: Return_of_the_V

Return_of_the_V
3 years ago#8
Yes it's true. I was so happy to discover this.

User Info: CmaBoy

CmaBoy
3 years ago#9
deoxyscyclone posted...
Wait, seriously?! Is this true?! If so, oh my gods, yes! No more mindlessly tallying up points! xD This is a happy day for the mid-casual-hardcore Pokemon fan. :D

Kinda had a mini-freak-out the first few times I got the message about not being able to train anymore ("aww, that's 3 wasted EV's, better Reset Bag for the OCD..."), but now I'm content just grinding up to 252/252/6. Super Training is awesome. Now we just need something similar for IV's...
Brasparo: 4167-4596-2791

User Info: luigisp

luigisp
3 years ago#10
CmaBoy posted...
deoxyscyclone posted...

Kinda had a mini-freak-out the first few times I got the message about not being able to train anymore ("aww, that's 3 wasted EV's, better Reset Bag for the OCD..."), but now I'm content just grinding up to 252/252/6. Super Training is awesome. Now we just need something similar for IV's...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67483386
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Maximum EVs different this generation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived