This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can a male with its hidden ability pass it down if the female is same species?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Can a male with its hidden ability pass it down if the female is same species?

User Info: Legend3000

Legend3000
3 years ago#1
I've passed down froakies hidden ability to multiple babies using a ditto as it's counter part, but when I used a female Froakie that didn't have the hidden ability, I never got one Froakie to come out with protein. Anyone having the same prob?
"Legend3000, trolling the trolls since September 30, 2012"
3DS Friend Code: 0731-6189-6089

User Info: MoonLightCloud

MoonLightCloud
3 years ago#2
Legend3000 posted...
I've passed down froakies hidden ability to multiple babies using a ditto as it's counter part, but when I used a female Froakie that didn't have the hidden ability, I never got one Froakie to come out with protein. Anyone having the same prob?

No idea, but I love the typo, lol.
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo

User Info: Fierce_Deity777

Fierce_Deity777
3 years ago#3
I've heard reports on serebii stating that the male has a chance to pass down hidden abilities now.
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.

User Info: Supreme-Raiden

Supreme-Raiden
3 years ago#4
I'm having similar trouble. Trying to breed a male Eevee with the hidden ability with a female Eevee that doesn't. Over 20 eggs and nothing.
PSN: Supreme-Jaden
3DS FC: 3394-3786-6748

Supreme-Raiden
3 years ago#5
Bump for help.

User Info: Prototype909

Prototype909
3 years ago#6
Male Ninetales passed down drought to a female vulpix with a ditto for me, took awhile
4184 1676 1097

User Info: Wout4442

Wout4442
3 years ago#7
I've breed the Event Torchic with a Ditto and got a Speed Boost one on the first try. So it worked for me with the Ditto, haven't tried any else yet.

After experimenting on Ralts and Eevee (with regular abilities) I came with the following:
Ralts: 9/10 had the same ability as the mother
Eevee: 8/10 had the same ability as the mother.

So I guess that the offspring will mostly get their ability from the mother. And I will continue to experiment with Ditto and hidden abilities.
3DS FC: 2836-0413-5340
PM me with your FC if you added me.

Supreme-Raiden
3 years ago#8
I've hatched over 30 Eevees. Male parent with hidden ability, female parent with Adaptability. 2 of them had Run Away, the rest have Adaptability. I'm getting annoyed. Ugh.

User Info: NinjaKitsune

NinjaKitsune
3 years ago#9
This suggests it may only work with ditto.
If you see this, something broke gamefox
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Can a male with its hidden ability pass it down if the female is same species?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived