This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pikachu in Santalune Forest

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Pikachu in Santalune Forest
Luigi is the best 3 years ago#1
So I just started my playthrough, and I got to Santalune forest and caught a Pikachu, which was nice cause I heard the catch rate in the forest was comparable to Viridian forest in red/blue, so I decided to train him up until I find a better electric type anyway. But now, all I'm running into is Pikachus. Once I caught him I literally saw one other pokemon in the forest. Are you more likely to see Pikachu if you have a Pikachu or is my game just being weird?
Exspheres, made from people, so they taste like people!

User Info: adamolden

adamolden
3 years ago#2
If you have him in the lead then yes...his ability draws other electric types

User Info: xxgamer91xx

xxgamer91xx
3 years ago#3
The reason why your running into so many PIkachu is your Pikachu as the ability static which raises running into wild electric type Pokemon by 50%.

User Info: Scribbler397

Scribbler397
3 years ago#4
The game determines which Pokemon you encounter in a way comparable to rolling a die. For example, by rolling a 2, 4, or 6, you encounter a Pikachu. By rolling a 3, you encounter a Scatterbug, etc. Your game just happens to keep rolling the numbers for Pikachu.

Each Pokemon has a different likely hood of being encountered, and Pikachus just so happen to have a high likely hood.

Hope that helps!
Moderator on the new USGamersList Forums -- http://forums.usgamerslist.com/forum/usgamerslist-forums/

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
3 years ago#5
Yeah, there's a chance you could run into nothing but Pikachu in the forest. Then there's the chance you may never see Pikachu, or only see one. Probability is a crazy thing.
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.

User Info: Missingno_Mastr

Missingno_Mastr
3 years ago#6
It's because your Pikachu, which has the Static Ability, is in the front of your party. If a Pokémon with Static is in the front of your party, you're way more likely to encounter Electric-types. And Pikachu's the only Electric-type in Santalune Forest.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://gottaglitchemall.smackjeeves.com/

User Info: lavos24551h

lavos24551h
3 years ago#7
hes runnnig into more not cus of random encounter chance/die rolls but because his Pikachu has Static, so the likelyhood of finding more Pikachu is 50% higher than normal if Pikachu is his lead pokemon

also its not akin to a die roll at all, its an RNG and % based, so certain pokemon have certain percentage of appearing in a patch of grass you run into, what you get even with % chance is still all up to luck

hes just finding loads more Pikachu cus his has Static and its his lead i assume, which Static on the lead pokemon raises chances of wild Electric-types by 50% so theres only one Electric-type in Santalune Forest - pikachu
PSN ID: Lavos2009 - Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1765 51154 9720
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Pikachu in Santalune Forest

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived