This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dowsing Machine not showing on bottom screen

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Dowsing Machine not showing on bottom screen

User Info: Shnippie

Shnippie
4 years ago#1
I have the dowsing machine, I've had it for a while now. And every time I turn it on, it doesn't do anything. No screens change, no green lights appear, nothing. What am I doing wrong?
Shnippie's eyes closed somewhere high above the Great Sea. He was selected for a purpose. One devoid of tasty baked goods... - Mooninomics RP Thread for my DK

User Info: RPG_Apostle

RPG_Apostle
4 years ago#2
It's not on the bottom.

You hold it in your hand and lasers shoot out if there's something nearby.
I miss Mega Man.

User Info: The_Sol_Blader

The_Sol_Blader
4 years ago#3
You do know your character is holding it in it's hands right...?
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband

Shnippie
4 years ago#4
He's holding it, but it doesn't do anything. Isn't there meant to be a display with a red light or something?
Shnippie's eyes closed somewhere high above the Great Sea. He was selected for a purpose. One devoid of tasty baked goods... - Mooninomics RP Thread for my DK

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
4 years ago#5
It's just as terrible as it sounds. Your character holds these 2 tiny magnetic rods in his hands and runs around until you see a Green or Red laser right in front of him.

User Info: Deimir

Deimir
4 years ago#6
If you go back to the beach where you first got it, then run around a bit you should see it light up. There was three or four items there, good place to learn how it works.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f2b_1371011276

User Info: RPG_Apostle

RPG_Apostle
4 years ago#7
Sorbz posted...
He's holding it, but it doesn't do anything. Isn't there meant to be a display with a red light or something?

If there's no hidden items around, nothing happens.

Lights only happen when there's a hidden item somewhere.
I miss Mega Man.

Shnippie
4 years ago#8
Hmm, I'll try keeping it out for a while and see if anything happens. Probably user error. I just assumed it would have the bottom screen like the old ones.

User Info: HylianPaladin

HylianPaladin
4 years ago#9
Little light beams shoot out of it and it makes noise when you are near something.
It changes from white to green to yellow to red with an X pattern when you're getting closest to it.
It looks like he/she is holding two little guns on the TOP screen.

No bottom screen business with the dowsing machine.
3DS FC: Jen 2380-2574-5132
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Dowsing Machine not showing on bottom screen

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived