This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Not Quite undertsanding breeding- help please !

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Not Quite undertsanding breeding- help please !

User Info: Hero of time1290

Hero of time1290
3 years ago#1
So I read the sticky on the matter and it seems pretty great, but there's a few mechanics I can't seem to wrap my head around. I'll explain.

So I caught about 60 Dittos and ended up with 15 who have useful natures. I took those to the IV checker to check their IVs. Now I know I need to breed the pokemon I want to train with a ditto holding an everstone to pass down the correct nature. Then I give the new baby the everstone to keep the nature and I find a ditto with a perfect IV and give it a power item. I will then have a baby with one perfect IV and the correct nature.

But here's where I get lost. I'll quote the step:

"Breed this new baby with a different ditto who has two different perfect IVs, holding a power item for one of its perfect IVs. Your baby should continue to hold the everstone. The goal here is to get a baby with 2 perfect IVs, which is about a 1 in 3 chance. Take all of your babies to the Kiloude city IV checker until one has 2 perfect IVs."

Okay, so clearly I don't understand breeding because this doesn't make sense to me. Where does the 1 in 3 chance come in? How are you going to transfer the original perfect IV to the new baby since you are no longer having a parent hold the correct power item?

And furthermore, how exactly does a Destiny Knot work? My understanding is it transfers 5 IVs from parent to child. If that's the case, why not use a Destiny Knot instead of a power item in step 1 so you can get a baby with 2 perfect IVs right off the bat? thanks for any insight
FC: 3797 7036 1837
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Not Quite undertsanding breeding- help please !

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived