This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about nicknames?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How do you feel about nicknames?

User Info: IvyX

IvyX
3 years ago#21
Infernisle posted...
Milleyd posted...
I actually like the unchangeable nicknames through trades... it lets the Original Trainer always have a little piece of their personality/self in the Pokemon :)

If the Original Trainer had a personality worth saving, then it wouldn't be a problem. Sadly Wonder Trade is full of douchebags.

My first ever wondertrade I got an Inkay with a highly inappropriate nickname (I was more upset about the principle of it all than the nickname. I mean really, what if some poor 8 year old got it? Parents are already paranoid about online interaction as it is). So yes, Wonder Trade is full of douchebags.

I don't nickname my pokemon because I DON'T want to leave such a permanent mark on the pokes. I mean, just having my name there as OT is good enough for me. Nicknames bother me (I always just use them as breeders and make my own) so I don't do it to other people lol.
Trainer: Ivy White: 0304 0809 4221 Black 2: 3010 5929 3972 PokeX: 2535 3638 4438 I breed Starters. HM: Ask

User Info: X_Ayumi_X

X_Ayumi_X
3 years ago#22
Milleyd posted...
I actually like the unchangeable nicknames through trades... it lets the Original Trainer always have a little piece of their personality/self in the Pokemon :)

Until it's released back into the wild and it has no name no more.
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567

User Info: Noma9

Noma9
3 years ago#23
Lol, just had this discussion with my brother. I ALWAYS nickname when given the choice, even when I know I'm just gonna trade it away. That said, I don't do trolly nicknames, though I'm sure not everyone is going to be happy with a male Jigglypuff named Sir Jiggalot.
"No, we're doing this my way. No Google, no fancy textbooks - just six tall cans of Steel Reserve and a copy of the Bible."
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How do you feel about nicknames?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived