This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember that topic asking if Pokemon X would outsell GTA5?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Remember that topic asking if Pokemon X would outsell GTA5?

User Info: Ninjaluver

Ninjaluver
3 years ago#21
SirPierce posted...
DigitalIncision posted...
these games were probably more profitable, given the ridiculou gta v budget

Allow me to repost:

Except if X/Y sold 4 million in its first two days, that's = $160,000,000

GTA5 selling 13 million on first day that's = $800,000,000
- the $250,000,000 production cost
= $550,000,000 profit.

User Info: Nordini

Nordini
3 years ago#22
DigitalIncision posted...
these games were probably more profitable, given the ridiculou gta v budget

Lol GTA5 made more PROFIT in their first two days than X/Y's REVENUE will be for the entire year.
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.

User Info: deoxyscyclone

deoxyscyclone
3 years ago#23
Meh, still not a good way to judge a game. Pokemon didn't sell as well? I love Pokemon! GTA5 sold better? I really don't care for the series.

Clear winner: Still Pokemon~
3DS FC: 5112-3533-9935 ~ Name: Ross ~ Pokemon XY Name: Beta
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
3 years ago#24
Ninjaluver posted...
GTA5 selling 13 million on first day that's = $800,000,000
- the $250,000,000 production cost
= $550,000,000 profit.

Not quite. They don't make $60 per game sold, the same as how GF doesn't make $40 per Pokemon game sold. The retailer takes a cut, there are production costs involved, everything needs to be shipped, etc.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000

User Info: NathanisDrake

NathanisDrake
3 years ago#25
Benify posted...
Sony and Microsoft roflstomps Nintendo at sales, unfortunately...

wat
"My pin number is 0001, because I'm number 1!"
- Manfred Von Karma // http://i.imgur.com/CVFgSqj.jpg

User Info: Desulated

Desulated
3 years ago#26
Do note that GTA 5 was released on two different consoles as opposed to X and Y on one.
3DS FC: 4785 5422 7178 (SOTF)

User Info: yoshirulezzz

yoshirulezzz
3 years ago#27
Game that that comes out on 2 platforms released in 06 vs 2 games that released on a barely-popular console that released in 2010. So fair.
ADD my Pokemon Y FC: 3668-8145-2937 looking for someone with Pokemon X to trade starters,spares,exclusives,etc.

User Info: Nordini

Nordini
3 years ago#28
Desulated posted...
Do note that GTA 5 was released on two different consoles as opposed to X and Y on one.

And note that X/Y was released in two separate versions as opposed to one, causing some people to buy 2 copies of the same game.
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.

User Info: Mewtwo_soul

Mewtwo_soul
3 years ago#29
deoxyscyclone posted...
Meh, still not a good way to judge a game. Pokemon didn't sell as well? I love Pokemon! GTA5 sold better? I really don't care for the series.

Clear winner: Still Pokemon~

No one is saying it's better just because it sold more. We're just talking sales figures.
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.

User Info: MagikarpRules

MagikarpRules
3 years ago#30
And what's the point of this topic? So GTA fans can brag that their series sells more than Pokémon?

To be sincere, I couldn't care less if GTA outsells Pokémon 100 to 1. I still prefer Pokémon. Mainly because I never liked the concept of GTA to begin with.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Remember that topic asking if Pokemon X would outsell GTA5?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived