This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fairy types: too many or too few?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Fairy types: too many or too few?

User Info: wurmtoken

wurmtoken
3 years ago#11
I feel that they added enough fairies to the game, but didn't add enough fairies that I would actually want to use. The type in general draws too much from the pool of "pink poof" pokemon that I just can't find appealing.

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#12
Where is my Fairy Dragon?
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.

User Info: SnowxReturns

SnowxReturns
3 years ago#13
Too many. Dark and steel had 5 new pokemon each in GSC. I don't see why Fairy is getting special treatment.

User Info: DoctorPiranha3

DoctorPiranha3
3 years ago#14
SnowxReturns posted...
Too many. Dark and steel had 5 new pokemon each in GSC. I don't see why Fairy is getting special treatment.

uhh maybe because we're not in gen 2 anymore? Pokemon has evolved (no pun intended) since the days when we'd only have like, 4 ghosts and 4 dragons. Now, types are more or less all given a similar amount of love.
That's no way to talk to somebody as good-looking as me! - Barter Bear

User Info: RDS1

RDS1
3 years ago#15
wurmtoken posted...
I feel that they added enough fairies to the game, but didn't add enough fairies that I would actually want to use. The type in general draws too much from the pool of "pink poof" pokemon that I just can't find appealing.

I agree with the first sentence here. There are 16 fully-evolved Fairy-type Pokemon, not counting legendaries. This puts them at about the same amount as Ghost, Ice, and Dragon, the least-common types in the game; while I personally think that's a bit low, I think it does seem like a reasonable amount for a new type.

My problem is that, quite simply, too many of those 16 are Pokemon that I don't want to use. Most of the retconned Pokemon (which take up about half the list) are either ones that I dislike in terms of design or gameplay, or ones that I simply don't tend to consider when choosing Pokemon to train because I find them so unremarkable. And of the new Pokemon, about half of them don't evolve.

On the other hand, when I actually counted it out, I found that there were 8 fully-evolved Fairy-types that I actually wanted to use. "About half" seems like the sort of amount I can't really complain about, even if most of them are considered sub-par.
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Fairy types: too many or too few?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived