This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When, in the games coding, is it determed whether a pokemon would be a shiny?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. When, in the games coding, is it determed whether a pokemon would be a shiny?

User Info: mangolians

mangolians
3 years ago#1
Is it when the egg is gotten from the daycare(ie when the egg is made) or when it hatches?

Because if its when the egg hatches hypothetically couldnt one have a set of 5 eggs that are all about to hatch(one right after another in a matter of steps), save hatch the eggs, and if you dont get a shiny, just soft restart and repeat? Obviously if shinieness is determined when the egg is made this wouldnt work at all, but could that work?
Gt - DrL0veMuffin
FC - 1848 - 2515 - 8708

User Info: xtdg134

xtdg134
3 years ago#2
It's when you receive the egg. When the egg enters your party, its natures/IVs/Shinyness are all set.
Add me for Pokemon X/Y!! 4639-8988-5948. PM me if you add me, so I can add you back

User Info: Raizun

Raizun
3 years ago#3
I think I tried this in fire red. Tried saving before an egg hatched, then reset and hatched again, but the same exact pokemon came out.

User Info: mangolians

mangolians
3 years ago#4
ah i see, i figured if it was possible someone would have done it by now, but i was still curious. Ill keep hatching hordes of zubat's til i get my shiny then
Gt - DrL0veMuffin
FC - 1848 - 2515 - 8708
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. When, in the games coding, is it determed whether a pokemon would be a shiny?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived