This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many catchable pokemon are actually in the game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How many catchable pokemon are actually in the game?

User Info: Menzuit

Menzuit
4 years ago#1
I heard rumors long before X and Y came out, that all pokemon, from each generation, woulkd be in the game. Just wanted to know how true this is or is not.

User Info: Galapagoz

Galapagoz
4 years ago#2
for the most part yeah it's true.
3DS:0361 6632 9155

Menzuit
4 years ago#3
Galapagoz posted...
for the most part yeah it's true.

So its safe to say that there is over 600 playable pokemon in the game, that are PLAYABLE/CATCHABLE?!

User Info: tabby3

tabby3
4 years ago#4
It seems that most starters, legendaries, and a few...few....common/filler pokemon...I think that Serebii has most/all of them listed.
Pokemon x FC:1805-2783-5752 Pokemon trainer name: Emily

User Info: KClubs23

KClubs23
4 years ago#5
There are 718 Pokemon in total. According to Serebii.net, there are roughly 125 (I may have miscounted) that can't be obtained in either X or Y. So with a mixture of catching, trading and breeding, you should be able to obtain about 593 species.

The rest will eventually become available in December when the Pokemon Bank launches. I haven't read into it yet, but from what I've heard so far it sounds like a cloud storage app that lets you trade between Gen IV, V and VI games.
Sarcasm is sooo hard to convey in a written format.

User Info: Oni_Tatsujin

Oni_Tatsujin
4 years ago#6
Before the Elite Four, there are 450 Pokemon native to Kalos. After it, a few Legendaries become available, and a new city opens up that has a Friend Safari, which allows you to capture more Pokemon that are not Kalos native. There's probably 550 or so total catchable pokey-men in X and Y alone, out of the total of 718.
"What can the crop hope for, if not the care of the Reaper man?" - Death
3DS FC: 0533 4895 2730

Menzuit
4 years ago#7
Wow! Well I will be in the right to buy this and a 2DS tomorrow. Thanks for all you guys input. 26 years old and still gotta go back to pokemon. Lol!

User Info: SoaringBlizzard

SoaringBlizzard
4 years ago#8
Menzuit posted...
Wow! Well I will be in the right to buy this and a 2DS tomorrow. Thanks for all you guys input. 26 years old and still gotta go back to pokemon. Lol!

2ds =/? get a Pokemon Limited edition XL =D

User Info: AxelRipcurl

AxelRipcurl
4 years ago#9
Word of advice, the 2DS is getting mixed reviews, if you can get a preowned 3DS XL for a little bit more, definitely go for that. The big screens are fantastic!
Ploppers.
Pokemon Y FC: 4768-7638-5019 FS: Ice, Cloyster, Bergmite, Spheal

Menzuit
4 years ago#10
SoaringBlizzard posted...
Menzuit posted...

2ds =/? get a Pokemon Limited edition XL =D

Trust me if I had the funds I would.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How many catchable pokemon are actually in the game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived