This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long did it take you to hatch a shiny with Masuda's Method?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How long did it take you to hatch a shiny with Masuda's Method?

User Info: Sykikal

Sykikal
3 years ago#1
From what I hear from friends who have the game, Masuda's method (breeding two Pokemon from different regions in order to improve the odds of getting a shiny Pokemon) seems to be hatching shinies more often (in the hundreds of hatches rather than thousands) in X and Y than previous games. I read that the odds went up from gen 4 to gen 5 and I suspect they went up again with gen 6, I just don't know by how much. Is there anyone here who has hatched a shiny using Masuda's Method? Can you you say around how many hatches it took? Does anyone have more information on the probability for hatching a shiny in gen 6 using Masuda's method?
Bored? Why not check out my website?
http://www.videogameinfo.net/

User Info: Pokedude21

Pokedude21
3 years ago#2
It took 5-10 batches for my first one.
My second was considerably longer, like say... less than 50 batches (approximately)
^This doesn't include non-MM breeding attempts.

As for whether It's actually got higher chances, I don't know.
3DS FC:4296-3588-1943
Friend Safari: Dark- Crawdaunt, Nuzleaf, Liepard

User Info: Holy_Oblivion

Holy_Oblivion
3 years ago#3
My friend sent me a pic of her shiny chespin. Took her 3 days. I was/am so jealous.
3ds FC: 3952 7015 0446
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaoZakeruga?show_guided_help=1

User Info: xtdg134

xtdg134
3 years ago#4
I've hatched about 300 eggs, with no luck. To be fair though, I haven't been specifically breeding for a shiny, just been using a Japanese Ditto while breeding Pokemon to EV train. if I get a shiny, awesome. If not, I still have my Pokemon ready to battle. I'm holding firmly on to my sanity, rather than trying for a shiny.
Add me for Pokemon X/Y!! 4639-8988-5948. PM me if you add me, so I can add you back

User Info: jj344

jj344
3 years ago#5
My first shiny was a pancham and i got it on my 38th egg.
My 2nd shiny was a vulpix and i got it on my 33rd egg.
Then i went for a shiny skrelp and hatched 280 eggs an no shiny and found out i wasted my time hatching all those eggs now that i know of the fish chaining, i've had a total of 6 shiny skrelps.
I am now going for a shiny honedge. have like 2-3 boxes full and no luck yet.

User Info: SIrcactus

SIrcactus
3 years ago#6
I've hatched around 150. Going to try to hatch 300 a week. Hopefully it won't take too long. :p
3DS FC: 1779 0016 5677
XBL Gamertag: Sircactus

User Info: flkid

flkid
3 years ago#7
First time I hatched a shiny froakie with protean in 6 eggs lol 2nd time im trying to hatch a honedge...1100+eggs so far >.> inconsistent luck ftw.
3DS Friend Code: 3969-4829-6154 (Rory)

User Info: ManuKesna

ManuKesna
3 years ago#8
300 eggs and still no shiny, what a joke
PSN: Manu-Kesna
3DS FC: 4468 - 2328 - 5925 Trainer: Manu

User Info: DeadLock25

DeadLock25
3 years ago#9
Im on my 4th or 5th box for Gastly or around 250-300 so far. Still nothing and its my first time trying. Hopefully it will work before I hit 500. Its been 2 days so far.
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent

User Info: SIrcactus

SIrcactus
3 years ago#10
ManuKesna posted...
300 eggs and still no shiny, what a joke

Not really. It's a 1/1300 chance, and each time you hatch an egg it's an independent event. Hatching one in 300 would still be uncommon.
3DS FC: 1779 0016 5677
XBL Gamertag: Sircactus
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How long did it take you to hatch a shiny with Masuda's Method?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived