The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shiny Gabite Story

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Shiny Gabite Story

User Info: Killago0mba

Killago0mba
3 years ago#1
Hey everyone. I know people have mentioned improved shiny rates in the friend safari, and now I can see that really may be the case.

I was checking out all of my friends' safaris and one of them had a Dragon type zone. Garchomp was part of my main team in Diamond and one of my favorites, so I caught a few Gabite for future IV breeding purposes.

Now I didn't know that your friend had to beat the Elite Four to unlock the third pokemon, so last night I spent about a good half an hour to an hour trying to make it appear. I then ran into my first shiny in my history of playing Pokemon games. Instead of using a Master ball I decided to False Swipe it and then use a Luxury Ball instead. You know what comes next...Gabite breaks out and before I can try again with Sleep Powder it uses Takedown and kills itself. None of the other Gabites I caught while using False Swipe used Takedown on me, but this one Shiny just had to do it.

The thing is, I was pretty mad for messing up and getting too ahead of myself, so I decided to try and find another even though I believed the chances to be slim. Lo and behold, an hour to an hour and a half later I bump into another one. This time I go straight for Sleep Powder and then manage to snag it on the first Luxury Ball. The nature is neutral, but at least it has maxed Attack and Speed IVs.

Now I really believe the shiny rate increases greatly in friend safaris given what happened.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Shiny Gabite Story

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived