This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What old pokemon game should nuzlocke first?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What old pokemon game should nuzlocke first?

User Info: JIRACHIFANMMX

JIRACHIFANMMX
3 years ago#1
I want to do my very first nuzlocke.
I want to know which game would be the best to nuzlocke as a beginner.
I will not do Pokemon x/y I have a rule of having to beat a game 5 times before attempting a challenge run. I've only beaten Pokemon x once.
RAINBOW!
thesaurus.com/browse/stupidity Ignorance is right their

User Info: OldDirtyCR

OldDirtyCR
3 years ago#2
I will not do Pokemon x/y I have a rule of having to beat a game 5 times before attempting a challenge run. I've only beaten Pokemon x once.

What even sparks someone to create such a strangely specific rule?
3DS FC - 5069-5350-3668

User Info: yamham63

yamham63
3 years ago#3
Doing them in order doesn't seem like a bad idea. Then you can see the mechanics improving little by little, generation by generation.

JIRACHIFANMMX
3 years ago#4
OldDirtyCR posted...

It's called i want to make sure i'm confortable with the game before attempting a challenge.
RAINBOW!

User Info: OldDirtyCR

OldDirtyCR
3 years ago#5
JIRACHIFANMMX posted...
OldDirtyCR posted...

It's called i want to make sure i'm confortable with the game before attempting a challenge.

I meant no offense by it. I simply was curious where the number 5 came from. Was it some specific gaming event that prompted 5? Like had you done 3 play through of some game and then tried a challenge and failed, thus deciding to up it a couple more?
3DS FC - 5069-5350-3668

JIRACHIFANMMX
3 years ago#6
It's more my rule used to 50 playthroughs and i decided to dial it back.
and the reason i started the 50 thing was that's how many times i played oot before i got bored. After i got bored i decided to do a challange.

I decide to model the rest of my games after that. But i soon realized not ever game is as enjoyable as oot. Hell i like tp much more then oot but i can't even force my self to do a third playthrough.

So i decided to dial it back.
as for why 5? probally because it's ten percent of what i did before.
couldn't say for sure.
I don't really know why i set the rules i just wanted to set it at 5.

But even if i decide to dial it back agian i wouldn't never lower it to just 1 playthrough.
especially if it was a game i struggled to beat the first time,like pokemon x was.

Right now i'm doing a vanilla second playtrhough using pokemon Y and i'm getting my ass kicked left and right. if i had being doing a nuzlocke i would have lost my entire team 3 teams by now.
RAINBOW!

User Info: Oak_Tea

Oak_Tea
3 years ago#7
Tips:
Use mental math
Use items in battle. You'll save money on not buying Pokeballs
Grind
Use the EXP Share (in X/Y)

I'd recommend Gen V, since it's a lot easier to level up weaker Pokemon in those games. (But it does make grinding harder)
Now playing: Pokemon X

JIRACHIFANMMX
3 years ago#8
Well i hoping alot of people would post in this topic but so far i only really got one staight answear.

so far i've had 3 people tell me Fire Red (i asked people outside gamefaqs)and 2 People suggest gen 5
i would prefer 5 more people at least that way it's an even 10
RAINBOW!

User Info: 258laza

258laza
3 years ago#9
I did a run of Gen I and V

Was quite fun. I would personally go with I
0516-7529-8097; 3DS FC, primarily for Pokemanz. PM if you want me to add

User Info: FrostMeister

FrostMeister
3 years ago#10
I've nuzlocked each game in each generation at least once, here's my biggest tip;

Don't nuzlocke Yellow.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What old pokemon game should nuzlocke first?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived