This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst Generation of Starters?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Worst Generation of Starters?

User Info: BasilVZero

BasilVZero
3 years ago#61
4th gen.
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BasilZero

User Info: Master_Bass

Master_Bass
3 years ago#62
CakeOfLies posted...
Gen 5 by a long shot.
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.

User Info: Revoredo

Revoredo
3 years ago#63
Gen V. Snivy looked nice but the other two looked like crap. Also other than Samurott you could get a much better replacement for the starters pretty early in the game (Lilligant outranked Serperior and Darmanitan made Emboar look like crap - not like it already doesn't).

Honorable mentions:

Gen II: Meganium is absolutely useless ingame.

Gen III: Lotad, wich puts Treecko to shame, right in the first route of the game.

Gen IV: Piplup.
Your childhood was good, but not objectively better than others'.

User Info: Rollingcone

Rollingcone
3 years ago#64
I'm going to go with Gen 4 because of that groups derivation. Infernape is just a a monkey version of Blaziken without the facetious fighting chicken thing going on. Torterra is Venusaur with a tree instead of a flower. Empoleon is admittedly original, breaking this chain of criticism, but I'm hard pressed in finding faults with all three starters from any generation.

P.S. I know Emboar is another fire/fighting rip-off, but I can make funny Russian Borris jokes with him.
"I ain't going nowhere, old man"

User Info: TBW4Ever

TBW4Ever
3 years ago#65
Lookwise:

Blastoise > Swampert > Samurott = Greninja > Feraligatr > Empoleon

Typhlosion = Delphox > Charizard > Emboar >>> Blaziken > Infernape

Venusaur > Chesnaught > Meganium > Serperior > Torterra > Sceptile

User Info: Octorok385

Octorok385
3 years ago#66
I liked the starters in Gen 2, even Meganium... Its eventual mega evolution is going to break the game so bad. Right? Plus Gen 2 is the only one that maintained pure typing, which I actually liked.

I didn't like Gen 4 starters at all. Another fire/fighting, a grass type that's now even weaker to ice, and a water/steel that was decent, but I hated the penguin design. Sorry Piplup.
3DS- 5112-3580-2982

User Info: NightsOwl

NightsOwl
3 years ago#67
Gen 3. I don't like any of the starters or their evolutions at aaaall.
3DS FC: 0404-6041-2332 PM me with yours for Friend Safari.
People with Waifus need Laifus.

User Info: MizunoRyuu

MizunoRyuu
3 years ago#68
I have to go with the sixth gen. The dual types hurt more than they help. Frogadier's movepool is terrible, Chesnaught looks awful and has a weird typing, and Delphox is outclassed by Torchic and Charmander.
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...

User Info: Brillohead

Brillohead
3 years ago#69
Gen 5
PSN: BriLLLohead
3DS FC: 3411-1521-4068

User Info: Blocktopus

Blocktopus
3 years ago#70
SNIvory posted...
This gen. Earhair, a patriotic frog, and an oshawott grass clone. If only Fennekin didn't have all that ugly earhair..

Smugleaf/Snivy > 3 > 2 > 1 > 4 = rest of 5 > 6

What are you talking about, Greninja is amazing and could probably beat every starter besides blaziken.

MizunoRyuu posted...
I have to go with the sixth gen. The dual types hurt more than they help. Frogadier's movepool is terrible, Chesnaught looks awful and has a weird typing, and Delphox is outclassed by Torchic and Charmander.

how is his movepool terrible '_' It's not amazing by any means but it's good. The only thing that makes it suck is that he only learns like two dark moves through leveling

i don't understand the criticism Greninja gets
FC: 0447 6152 7456
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Worst Generation of Starters?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived