This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Top 10 best, and top 10 worst pokemon, and generation analysis

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Top 10 best, and top 10 worst pokemon, and generation analysis

User Info: Nil_Nuane

Nil_Nuane
3 years ago#1
My top 10 pokemon

10. Sceptile
9. Lanturn
8. Jolteon
7. Yveltal
6. Froslass
5. Gliscor
4. Breloom
3. Murkrow
2. Lugia
1. Kyogre

Top 10 worst

10. Voltorb/Electrode
9. Aromatisse/Slurpuff
8. Kling line
7. Lickilicky
6. Garbodor
5. Dedenne
4. Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus (base forms)
3. Jynx
2. Pignite/Emboar
1. Binacle

So let's see, gen1 has 1 of my favorite pokemon, and 2 of my least favorite. I'm only counting ties as 1 pokemon, because I dislike them for the same reason.
Gen 2 has 3 of my favorite, and none of my least favorite.
Gen 3 has 3 of my favorite, and none of my least favorite.
Gen 4 has 2 of my favorite, and 1 of my least favorite.
Gen 5 has none of my favorite, though there are 2 that are close, and a whopping 4 of my least favorite.
Gen 6 has 1 of my favorite, and 3 of my least favorite.

So according to this, gens 2-3 are my favorite in terms of pokemon design, with a steady decrease with gen 5 being the nadir, and gen 6 being a bit better. Somewhat accurate of my overall opinion, though would be far more accurate if i did like my top/worst 50, though that would take a while...

Please contribute if you have the time. Feel free to do more or less than 10 pokes if you're high/low on time. I kind of want to see the general opinion on the trend of pokemon designs.
We had divine sense... To know what to say
Mind is a razorblade

User Info: pikangie

pikangie
3 years ago#2
For me, I think I mostly like Hoenn and Kalos Pokemon so far.
Of course, my #1 is Jigglypuff, which is Kanto originally.
ACNL QR Codes: http://pikangie.tumblr.com/
3DS Friendcode: 4597-0805-4383

User Info: Beenabo

Beenabo
3 years ago#3
Favourites:

Corsola
Tepig
Gyarados
Steelix
Kyogre
Wailord
Girafarig
Mamoswine
Hippowdon
Hydreigon

Worst:

Lombre
Bunnelby
Nuzleaf
Magmortar
Glameow
Purrloin
Lumineon
Probopass
Gible
Gurdurr
Friend code 4210 4049 3373
Friend Safari Pokemon - Krabby, Gyarados and Azumarill Gameboy is my in game name.

User Info: Beenabo

Beenabo
3 years ago#4
I don't think I've had much time to form a huge opinion on the new ones yet but I'm sure I will. I just know inhale Bunnelby and Diggersby. For me, they look like generic rabbit enemies from something like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

But top will always be Corsola :)
Friend code 4210 4049 3373
Friend Safari Pokemon - Krabby, Gyarados and Azumarill Gameboy is my in game name.

User Info: SaiyanShadow

SaiyanShadow
3 years ago#5
My top picks are from my favorites list, so they're mostly based on aesthetics, a few of them on in-game team experience. My least favorites are based only on aesthetics. These are in no particular order.

Top Pokemon: Charizard, Mewtwo, Ampharos, Umbreon, Lugia, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Linoone, Cubone, Grovyle

Worst Pokemon: Stunfisk, Dunsparce, Bidoof, Conkeldurr, Medicham, Jynx, Palkia, Kyurem, Arceus, Roggenrola

As far as Pokemon design, I enjoyed the art upgrade in Gen 3 but was wary of how complicated the legendaries were starting to look. The Gen 4 legendaries were even worse, and Gen 5 legendaries weren't much better. Admittedly it's easy to focus on the legendaries to judge aesthetics since the box art focuses on them. Gen 6 legendaries are still a little messed up looking but I have been enjoying some of their other designs.

It's hard to say which is my most/least favorite Gen is in terms of aesthetics since I don't typically focus on that when judging a game. I definitely thought Gen 4 and 5 were weaker and Gen 6 is an improvement. Between Gen 1, 2, and 3 I couldn't pick which has the best Pokemon designs overall without looking at every Pokemon.

User Info: Nil_Nuane

Nil_Nuane
3 years ago#6
^ Thanks for the in-depth response. It seems like your least favorite gens overall were 4 and 5. I'm kind of curious, what are your favorites from.those gens? And what do you think of pokes like say, floatzel and scolipede?

Overall it seems like gen 2 has the least amount of worst pokemon, which I find at once pretty interesting yet unsurprising. Other than the occasional qwilfish, and even less occasional pineco and remoraid, gen 2 seems the most uncontroversial.

Gen 3 is getting a bit more prevalence on the worst lists than I thought. And I'm.somewhat surprised by the lack of gen 6 pokemon: either you guys haven't formed your judgements yet or maybe my opinion is somewhat unpopular . What do you guys think of the ones of my list, say binacle/dedenne/and the fairies? Anyone care to defend them?
We had divine sense... To know what to say
Mind is a razorblade
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Top 10 best, and top 10 worst pokemon, and generation analysis

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived