This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well, that was easy (concerning time based Mega Stones)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Well, that was easy (concerning time based Mega Stones)

User Info: MoonLightCloud

MoonLightCloud
3 years ago#1
More BlogFaqs.

Just thought I'd post this since I remember seeing some people complain about the Mega Stones that you're only able to find from 8 PM to 9 PM and that this wasn't enough time or something.
Granted I had a list of locations (though they didn't have directions, I ran everywhere trying to find Alakazite and I had never been to the Chamber of Emptiness before) but I was able to get all of the post game Mega Stones within a span of about 30 minutes.

I started at around 8:10, got the Absolite and upgraded my Mega Ring and got all of the time based ones (plus Aerodactylite and Ampharosite) by around 8:40. Only ones I didn't get were Gardevoir and Mewtwo (because I'm going to SR for a decent Mewtwo).

TL;DR: It's very easy to get all of the Mega Stones in one sitting, though I do admit that it's odd/weird that they picked such a window of time to obtain such valuable/sought after items.
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo

User Info: DullahansXMark

DullahansXMark
3 years ago#2
I thought it was pretty easy too, though I had the same list that you had.

I can imagine it being a whole lot tougher for someone who doesn't use that list, though.
3DS Friend Code: 2707-2336-9403

MoonLightCloud
3 years ago#3
DullahansXMark posted...
I thought it was pretty easy too, though I had the same list that you had.

I can imagine it being a whole lot tougher for someone who doesn't use that list, though.

I can't imagine doing it at all without the list, I mean, some are KINDA obvious (I know a 13 year old who found the Banette Mega Stone without a guide, you just figure something's gotta be there), but like Scizor's Mega Stone and Garchomp's, who'd just look there, ya know?

User Info: RatheV

RatheV
3 years ago#4
Bannette I could've guessed, alakazam I could've guessed (was really wondering what the point of that part of the cave was). Some of them you'd stumble across eventually because they're in towns (only a few of which you're likely ever to visit, though).

MAYBE tyranitarite because I don't think there was anything else in the area you find it.

But yeah, most of them are arbitrarily placed in locations where you basically need a guide to find them. But said guides make it easy to get all of them in one go, so it's an awkwardly-implemented restriction.

MoonLightCloud
3 years ago#5
RatheV posted...
Bannette I could've guessed, alakazam I could've guessed (was really wondering what the point of that part of the cave was). Some of them you'd stumble across eventually because they're in towns (only a few of which you're likely ever to visit, though).

MAYBE tyranitarite because I don't think there was anything else in the area you find it.

But yeah, most of them are arbitrarily placed in locations where you basically need a guide to find them. But said guides make it easy to get all of them in one go, so it's an awkwardly-implemented restriction.

Yea, I mean, I don't think I would've ever revisited a gym for anything, especially an item, lol.

As for the town ones, I can see people stumbling upon them, but it'd have to be pretty lucky to be at 8-9 PM, lol.

But yea, totally agree. You'd have to be really searching everywhere to find them all on your own.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Well, that was easy (concerning time based Mega Stones)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived