This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How early in the game can you use pokemon with good stats/nature/egg moves, etc?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How early in the game can you use pokemon with good stats/nature/egg moves, etc?

User Info: shadezofgrey

shadezofgrey
3 years ago#1
Hey everyone,

Like the title says I'm wondering when is the earliest point in the game that you can use pokemon with good IV's/natures/egg moves, etc? in short I'm wondering when can you go about using your "dream team"? From what I understand it seems the earliest you can go about this is after having beat the elite 4/champion because that will let you gain access to the friend safari, iv checker, 31 iv ditto's, etc and then you can begin breeding your ideal pokemon... however I``m hoping there`s a way you can start using your dream team at a much earlier point in the game. For instance, is it possible to trade for pokemon with good stats and such early into the game?

Reason I ask is this: a player can sink in a fair amount of time having to complete the main story, which includes beating the elite 4/champ. Given that, I find that it sucks knowing you can spend all that time raising a team to beat the main game (not to mention growing attached to that particular team) only to know that afterwards, once you have access to the post-game content (i.e., the friend safari and iv checker) that you may ditch that team in favour of replacements/the same kind of pokemon, only with much better stats, natures, moves, etc so that you can better take on the post-game content (i.e., the battle maison + online battles as by this point you will have fully evolved/trained pokemon). I dunno, to me at least it would feel like you're rushing through the game in order to finally "upgrade" your pokemon for versions that have far better stats which to a degree takes away from the experience of playing through the main story.

I realize that a lot of people don't have any concern over this, or more likely may find I'm a hugeass pokenerd for even thinking about this lol.

Anyways, any replies would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How early in the game can you use pokemon with good stats/nature/egg moves, etc?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived