This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Male or female pokemon. are you picky?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Male or female pokemon. are you picky?

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
4 years ago#1
. Are you kind of picky about it? I am from time to time just depends on certain types of pokemon.

Right now I don't mind my female espurr/meowsomething since it looks a little cooler for a female espurr species.

User Info: wilowns1

wilowns1
4 years ago#2
For the story yes. I always prefer having a male Pokemon over a female unless it's a female-esque Pokemon.

Meta-Game? Don't care at all so long as I get the IV's I need.
Living life in reality and fantasy. Official Alakazam of the Pokemon X Board.
3DS FC: 1762-3609-6974 Daniel

User Info: ElNurgling

ElNurgling
4 years ago#3
Anything other than Combee I normally go for whichever gender has the better looking final evolution, or I pick the opposite gender of what the pokémon looks like if both genders have the same silly-looking sprite (eg I'd pick a male Gothitelle or female Mr. Mime if given the option).
3DS FC 4511-0567-3041
Martijn - inofficial pesky Claw using git of Kid Icarus Uprising's online modes

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
4 years ago#4
I really don't care either way except for when it affects the Pokemon's stats, evolution, etc.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: sunshinesan

sunshinesan
4 years ago#5
Only if it's a Gardevoir.

I reset/dump it unless it's male.
My power is maximum.

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire
4 years ago#6
If there are gender differences, I tend to get picky.

I also tend to get picky if the Pokémon, to me at least, looks masculine (in which case I go for a male) or feminine (in which case I go for a female).

I also refuse to evolve male Kirlia into Gardevoir or female Snorunt into Glalie.
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif

User Info: vagos50

vagos50
4 years ago#7
honestly, i' ve heard that male pokemon have greater attack than female, but female have greater speed. (i'm not sure, i just read it on a blog)

name:vagos fc:2466-2707-8637

User Info: piranhapete

piranhapete
4 years ago#8
I have three of each on my team. I do care and like to make sure the gender matches the look of the Pokemon.
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen!
So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire
4 years ago#9
honestly, i' ve heard that male pokemon have greater attack than female, but female have greater speed. (i'm not sure, i just read it on a blog)

Males did have higher Attack in Gen 2 (when gender was determined by Attack IVs), but that is no longer the case.

Speed was never affected by gender.
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif

User Info: ZephyrWind0205

ZephyrWind0205
4 years ago#10
Meh I dunno. I prefer male Pokemon, unless they look overly feminine, then I'd want a female.
Come on, come on, don't leave me like this I thought I had you figured out. Can't breathe whenever you're gone. Can't turn back now, I'm haunted.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Male or female pokemon. are you picky?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived