This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shiny Stories! (All Gens)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Shiny Stories! (All Gens)

User Info: Rikanov

Rikanov
3 years ago#21
My first ever shiny was in Gen III. It was a Whismur, which I caught, but I was a kid then and restarted the game without even considering its value. .-.

Several years later, I restarted that Sapphire game and came across a Shiny Zubat. Of all things. Ah well. In Gen IV, I got a Shiny Honchkrow through a trade. No shinies there up until this Gen.

Managed to get a Shiny Piloswine when I was first at that snowy cave area. Today, just got myself a shiny larvesta. Hasty natured though, but I think I can make her work.
3DS FC: 0344-9567-4983
Dragon Friend Safari: Shelgon, Gabite, Sliggoo

User Info: SoulSlayer64x

SoulSlayer64x
3 years ago#22
FefnirOmega13 posted...
My first encounter with a non Gyarados Shiny pokemon was long before I properly used the internet and consequently learned about these things, actually.

I was happily playing my Ruby and surfing around, having beaten the E4 but exploring, when I happened across the Sky Tower. I entered it in search of treasure and found a giant green dragon at the top, which I caught. Thankfully, that's not where my story ends.

I turned to leave, using my last max repel and having already caught a Lv70 Altaria, and ran down the tower. Shortly before I left, however, the max repel ended, and two to three steps away from the exit I got into a battle.

I groaned and rolled my eyes, sighing, when I heard the familiar noise of a Claydol's cry, accompanied by a -shing- noise, which caused me to look down sharply.

There floating in front of me was a Claydol which looked rather odd, and I must say I almost bolted there and then for fear . I was sure Claydol normally had red eyes, but this one had orange ones.

I threw an Ultra (Or maybe Great? I don't recall. Will have to check) ball at it warily; the pokemon disappeared within instantly and didn't fight back. I went to the box and checked; and it was indeed irregular from other Claydol.

... And that was how I caught my first ever "proper" shiny. I still have him, and as you'd expect he's a little weak competitively; a neutral nature, middling IVs except for HP, awful speed (Trick Room), but it's mine. My little sparkle of luck.

Oh I love stories like this! Good job! I'm actually going to tell a similar story to this. It's a rare pokemon in Emerald. But my 1st shiny story is up. Check that out if you want. You're prob' already reading it tho.
I love the GameFaqs ACNL community!
My Dream Address is 4200-2833-0895 and my FC is 4682-8647-0257

SoulSlayer64x
3 years ago#23
Rikanov posted...
My first ever shiny was in Gen III. It was a Whismur, which I caught, but I was a kid then and restarted the game without even considering its value. .-.

Several years later, I restarted that Sapphire game and came across a Shiny Zubat. Of all things. Ah well. In Gen IV, I got a Shiny Honchkrow through a trade. No shinies there up until this Gen.

Managed to get a Shiny Piloswine when I was first at that snowy cave area. Today, just got myself a shiny larvesta. Hasty natured though, but I think I can make her work.

Hey, can you add my FC? Those dragons would look great as shinies. Actually, mini-story here, w/ 2 shinies of the same initial color. So I hear that the friend safari has interesting chances finding shinies, right? So I head over to my friend who has Growlithe and Charmeleon. I'm hunting in here for like 20 minutes now, AND... Shiny Growlithe? DO'H. So I catch that, name it Buster, because my dog is so epic he's 2 gen1 shinies at the same time, and I keep at this ALL DAY. From 11 AM, to 2 AM, I'm hunting Charmeleon. Nothing.. UNTIL! FINALLY, a shiny Charmeleon! And from the Friend Safari, so it'll have good IVs too! Well, at 2:20 AM, I caught an impish blaze charmeleon with, as the IV guy said, relatively superior potential overall. Greatest potential being Atk, with good defence too! And now it's a Charizard, with a Charizardite X on it, cuz with good attack IVs, and a bad nature for special attacking, that's all it CAN be.

So, personally, I prefer Friend Safari over Masuda Method, for starter pokemon at least.

SoulSlayer64x
3 years ago#24
Anybody here?

User Info: GrimlockSmash

GrimlockSmash
3 years ago#25
My first shiny was in Emerald. I was having a really bad day (school wise) and I decided to try and catch Rayquaza. First time, he demolished my whole team. So I SR'd and went to train for a bit. Came back and my team was in the high 60's. Started another battle and I wasted all my Pokeballs and Rayquaza killed himself with struggle. Started another one and my game froze. I went through probably 15 SR's. I was frustrated. So I decided to try one more battle before I do my homework. I started the battle and all of a sudden Rayquaza was black. I literally screamed out of the top of my lungs "OH MY GOD SHINY RAYQUAZA!!!!!!!!!!" I wittled him down into the red zone and put him to sleep. I caught him with one Pokeball. I raised him to level 100 and transferred him to my White 2 and all I'm waiting for is Pokebank.
3DS FC: 1993-7552-5914
GT: DvA Infamy

SoulSlayer64x
3 years ago#26
GrimlockSmash posted...
My first shiny was in Emerald. I was having a really bad day (school wise) and I decided to try and catch Rayquaza. First time, he demolished my whole team. So I SR'd and went to train for a bit. Came back and my team was in the high 60's. Started another battle and I wasted all my Pokeballs and Rayquaza killed himself with struggle. Started another one and my game froze. I went through probably 15 SR's. I was frustrated. So I decided to try one more battle before I do my homework. I started the battle and all of a sudden Rayquaza was black. I literally screamed out of the top of my lungs "OH MY GOD SHINY RAYQUAZA!!!!!!!!!!" I wittled him down into the red zone and put him to sleep. I caught him with one Pokeball. I raised him to level 100 and transferred him to my White 2 and all I'm waiting for is Pokebank.

That has to be more rare than my rarest. Way to go!

User Info: MayorDex

MayorDex
3 years ago#27
in leaf green i was searching for the key in the pokemon mansion in cinnabar island, and it was really a pain to do because i always got lost and had no repels on me. finally after walking around i run into what seemed like an average looking raticate, when suddenly a bunch of yellow stars spark out of him. i nearly died and my hands were shaking. shiny raticate! not the best, but this was one of those 1/8192 shinies! caught him and hes chilling in my black version to be transfered. when i caught a zoroark in my y, i decided to breed him with my japanese ditto because i needed the dex entry for zorua. first egg.. shiny blue zorua! wont be evolving the cute little guy. also masuda'd for a shiny charmander
imma let u finish but pokemon silva is the best game of all time. of all time

User Info: tarzanmx

tarzanmx
3 years ago#28
Once, when I was around 12 or so, I took off to look for a shiny in Fire Red.
After a half hour of wandering the tall grass south of the Mt.Moon Pokécenter (you know, that tiny grass patch in the corner), I found my very first Shiny (not counting the Gyarados, of course):

A Spearow!

About a week later, I was in the grass east of Vermilion City looking for more shinies. After an hour or so, I meet my second Shiny:

A Spearow!

I named them Mr. Shine and Mr.Bright and I used them through all of FR.
Why, hello.

User Info: Daisyfanboy

Daisyfanboy
3 years ago#29
Sapphire: I was really upset because I just wanted a shiny really bad (I was 12), and I was in the Safari zone looking. Ran into a red Rhyhorn, caught it in the first ball I chucked.

Emerald: Found a Numel on my way through fiery path(?), took that sucker to the E4.

Was in Meteor falls looking for a Bagon, ran into a Solrock. It looked more vibrant than usual, so I decided to catch it.

Found a Tentacool surfing randomly.

Diamond: Found a Meditite around Mt. Coronet after badge three I think. I hate Meditite and Medicham so I traded it for a Chikorita.

platinum: Nidoran from pokeradar.

Haven't found anything else after that.
So I'm still waiting for Daisy to reappear in something that's not a spinoff.
I'll probably end up dying first or something but optimism is fun.

User Info: ciberraja

ciberraja
3 years ago#30
My first shiny ever was a female combee I got while using the honey threes looking for a munchlax.
I had incredibly overleveled pokes with me, and since I already had all the legendaries, I used my Master Ball on it.
Now its a beautiful Vespiquen.
Remember to check for typos and grammar mistaeks.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Shiny Stories! (All Gens)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived