This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does GF favor Doubles so much?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why does GF favor Doubles so much?

User Info: SalsaSavant

SalsaSavant
3 years ago#1
I like it, but lately...it seems everything they do is Doubles focused. It's not the most popular format, so why do they show it so much bias?
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.

User Info: 2Dhas_a_MIGRANE

2Dhas_a_MIGRANE
3 years ago#2
Faster games. Less stall wars.
3DS: 5472-7481-8922

User Info: Crimson_Spider

Crimson_Spider
3 years ago#3
Doubles are less affected by tiers and stat listings, too. This lets people use more of their favorites without having to worry.
Rest in Peace City of Heroes: April 27, 2004 - November 30, 2012. We will miss you.
Cause of death: "Realignment of Company Focus" by NCsoft.

User Info: RockmanZeroEXE

RockmanZeroEXE
3 years ago#4
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
Faster games. Less stall wars.
"I've just remembered something...He was not as naive as you are. That's what made him a hero." Zero from RMZ

User Info: _KGC_

_KGC_
3 years ago#5
I know. Where's the rotation love?
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra

User Info: TheSteelPhoenix

TheSteelPhoenix
3 years ago#6
Crimson_Spider posted...
Doubles are less affected by tiers and stat listings, too. This lets people use more of their favorites without having to worry.

This.

Though there are a few pokemon that seem to create a much bigger problem then they ought (talonflame is the only one that seems to cause a LOT of trouble, other things like garchomp are very manageable).

I've only fought the same style of team a few times, and they were all from japan (garchomp, rotom, tyranitor, togikess)

It's very varied, and I've only played a few games where I won and thought "there was literally nothing he could have done to prevent that", and the opposite, where I felt like I lost and couldn't do anything about it. Most games, upon reflection, you realize you could have made way better choices.
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On World Champion

User Info: ISF_Lmaokai_TMH

ISF_Lmaokai_TMH
3 years ago#7
The variation makes it a healthier battle mode. Serious singles play is super stale. It also addresses a lot of balance issues in abusive scenarios that just couldn't be addressed in single scenarios.

User Info: NecrosexuaI

NecrosexuaI
3 years ago#8
i always want to play doubles but i'm awful at SINGLE strategy i can't even imagine pairing up team to work with double omg -hide face-

i think double can be super fun if you know what to do -u-
CUTE GIRL, SPOOKY NAME my friend safari has ditto, kecleon, teddiursa
dream code: 5300-2900-4767 - RAID ON THE CITY, KNOCK OUT, EVIL TUSKS

User Info: Nomorice4U

Nomorice4U
3 years ago#9
I prefer rotation myself too but you're right though, things like florges is almost dedicated entirely to being a double format grass support.
FC: 3711-8087-2809
FS: Dragon - Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire
3 years ago#10
Apparently, Shadow Tag Wobbuffet caused the change to doubles as the main battle style in tournaments.
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why does GF favor Doubles so much?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived