This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just caught my first shiny!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I just caught my first shiny!

User Info: ChocoboDreams

ChocoboDreams
3 years ago#1
I wasn't even attempting to get one, I was just going through all my friend's safaris to see what they had, and I randomly ran into a blue Swalot. To be fair, I don't much like the pokemon and I nearly ran from it because I wasn't sure if it was it's default color or not, but I was a bit suspicious. Something told me that it should be either green or purple, so I just caught it and sorted it out after. A quick look through my pokedex told me it was indeed shiny, I didn't check the stats yet but that I caught it in the safari suggest it will at least not be terrible.

The only other shiny I ever caught was in an emulator so I can't really count that one, but I can now officially say I've gotten my first shiny...a Swalot.
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams

User Info: TheonTurncloak

TheonTurncloak
3 years ago#2
I've been catching shinies since gen 2. Get on my level or don't brag about your lame ass swalot, which isn't even a cool pokemon.

Congratulations though.
3DS FC: 1864-9607-8423

ChocoboDreams
3 years ago#3
TheonTurncloak posted...
I've been catching shinies since gen 2. Get on my level or don't brag about your lame ass swalot, which isn't even a cool pokemon.

Congratulations though.

Did you get a Ditto safari too? <3
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.

User Info: gamingrat

gamingrat
3 years ago#4
ha, that's nothing. my first shiny will make you weep in envy over how awesome it is. my first shiny was a metapod
FC:2664-2365-2435 Friend Safari: tangela,petil and quiladin
Final Fantasy IV is the best in the series

TheonTurncloak
3 years ago#5
ChocoboDreams posted...
TheonTurncloak posted...

Congratulations though.

Yeah I got one before from some guy who had one and was adding a ton of people. I don't really care anymore though since I got soooo bored of IV breeding after doing it once.

User Info: Fatalyze

Fatalyze
3 years ago#6
My first shiny was a Magnemite that I traded over from my brother's Emerald game. He nor I had no idea it was a shiny until I traded it over! My first self-caught shiny was a Staravia, while EV training in Diamond. My third shiny, which I literally just caught a half-hour ago, was a Horsea, while doing consecutive fishing.
3DS Friend Code: 3024-5304-6395
Nintendo Network ID: Fatalyze666

ChocoboDreams
3 years ago#7
TheonTurncloak posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
TheonTurncloak posted...

Congratulations though.

Yeah I got one before from some guy who had one and was adding a ton of people. I don't really care anymore though since I got soooo bored of IV breeding after doing it once.

I gave mine out to about 500 people when I found out I had it, I got a few shinies and perfectly bred pokemon from generous people but this is the first shiny I've actually encountered. I enjoy breeding myself, but I'll give the Pokeradar and fishing strategy a shot sometime.

TheonTurncloak
3 years ago#8
ChocoboDreams posted...
TheonTurncloak posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
TheonTurncloak posted...

Congratulations though.

I gave mine out to about 500 people when I found out I had it, I got a few shinies and perfectly bred pokemon from generous people but this is the first shiny I've actually encountered. I enjoy breeding myself, but I'll give the Pokeradar and fishing strategy a shot sometime.

Wow you seem like a nice guy. If i ever get pokebank you can have my shiny meowth.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I just caught my first shiny!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived