This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SV / Instacheck / Egg checking

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. SV / Instacheck / Egg checking

User Info: Kaphotics

Kaphotics
3 years ago#11
To clear up any confusion/misinformation:

No trainer or egg is assigned a 'shiny value'. A Pokemon is only shiny if 4 numbers combined equal zero. These 4 numbers are derived from the Trainer ID and the PKM's ID.

( [Trainer ID ^ Secret ID ] ^ [(PID>>16) ^ (PID%0x10000)] >> 4 ) = 0, the Pokemon is shiny.

It just spits out what the OT's [Trainer ID ^ Secret ID ] >> 4 is (dubbed trainerSV)
and it also says what the PKX's [(PID>>16) ^ (PID%0x10000)] >> 4 is (dubbed pkxSV)

If you match the pkxSV to another trainer, the equation will = 0, thus be shiny. No arbitrary numbers (the PID and SIDTID are used for many things).
AIM: Kaphotics
2.ly/5thGenRNGResearchThread

User Info: LORD_ALLISTER

LORD_ALLISTER
3 years ago#12
zeroalphamax posted...
Not 100% sure how it works,but I wonder if a mobile app for it could be developed...

I was just thinking about that since the instacheck program is basically tetherin to the 3DS & data sniffing or whatever the tech term is,so a mobile instacheck app is very possible right?....I would pay for that app
BigMarks 3DS FC: 3539-9303-0724 TSV:3788
Posted Using GameFlux App

User Info: K_of_Spades

K_of_Spades
3 years ago#13
Kaphotics posted...
To clear up any confusion/misinformation:

No trainer or egg is assigned a 'shiny value'. A Pokemon is only shiny if 4 numbers combined equal zero. These 4 numbers are derived from the Trainer ID and the PKM's ID.

( [Trainer ID ^ Secret ID ] ^ [(PID>>16) ^ (PID%0x10000)] >> 4 ) = 0, the Pokemon is shiny.

It just spits out what the OT's [Trainer ID ^ Secret ID ] >> 4 is (dubbed trainerSV)
and it also says what the PKX's [(PID>>16) ^ (PID%0x10000)] >> 4 is (dubbed pkxSV)

If you match the pkxSV to another trainer, the equation will = 0, thus be shiny. No arbitrary numbers (the PID and SIDTID are used for many things).

That was actually interesting o.O I was wondering how that worked out
3DS FC: 1048 - 8192 - 8314 - Nick
Friend Safari: Electric - pachirisu, pikachu and manectric
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. SV / Instacheck / Egg checking

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived