This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't you change the nickname of traded Pokemon? Or at least remove it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why can't you change the nickname of traded Pokemon? Or at least remove it?

User Info: bT-p_q-Td

bT-p_q-Td
3 years ago#1
Just got a Yveltal from the GTS, but its nickname is "PENl$". WTF? I just can't believe after all these years, you still can't fix nicknamed Pokemon.
bT-p_q-Td
<b>bold</b>_<d\>blod<d>

User Info: 12Rouge

12Rouge
3 years ago#2
It's suppose to resemble the personality of the person who gave it to you, or something, but I do agree you should be able to at least revoke the nickname if it's crude like that.
If The Sound of Animals Fighting could release another album, I'd be eternally happy.

User Info: NightFury99121

NightFury99121
3 years ago#3
Yeah, I'd really like the option to at least revert it back to its normal name. I got some wonder traded pokemon who had names that got through the 'filter' somehow. Seriously. I got a combee named something bad but I couldn't name my Mightyena Spike... WUT?

User Info: dirtyblacksocks

dirtyblacksocks
3 years ago#4
I'm more annoyed with pokemon named in Korean or Japanese or whatever than I am Pokemon with silly names that I can at least read.

User Info: TheCoolz

TheCoolz
3 years ago#5
I really hate how if a Pokemon has a foreign name and when it evolves, it transform into the english version.

That's the main reason why my female Meowstic didn't last long on my team :C

Didn't fit with the rest of my nicknamed allies :'C
http://www.playdota.com/img/art/75645/fanart/f1323969016.jpg
Crystal Maiden Fan Club

User Info: selkie1997

selkie1997
3 years ago#6
TheCoolz posted...
I really hate how if a Pokemon has a foreign name and when it evolves, it transform into the english version.

User Info: StevenDrkPrince

StevenDrkPrince
3 years ago#7
I agree. I had caught a Shiny Oddish and evolved it on my Y version and traded it to my main X. Then I restarted my Y and now I can't give my Shiny Vileplume a clever name. :(
3DS XL FC: 4296-3067-2375 - $teven from Kalos
"War. War never changes." I'm The Dark Prince.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why can't you change the nickname of traded Pokemon? Or at least remove it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived