This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, actually catching them all.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So, actually catching them all.

User Info: Seifross2010

Seifross2010
3 years ago#1
Hi everyone,

I recently bought Y and I've been having a blast - It's been a few years since I've really played a Pokemon game, so I'm behind the times a bit (a lot).

I was wondering, with the Wonder Trade, Friend Safaris, etc. - Is it possible to get most pokemon just in X or Y? I'm aware it's very unlikely or difficult, and that there're probably some event pokemon that just aren't floating around, but I'm still curious about it.

Obviously I know that with X and Y you can fill the regional dex, but what about the national dex?

Basically, how many pokemon can you get in just X and Y?

User Info: OfficeChair

OfficeChair
3 years ago#2
define "catching them all" first
where doing it man
where MAKING THIS HAPPEN

User Info: Tomudall

Tomudall
3 years ago#3
Seifross2010 posted...
Hi everyone,

I recently bought Y and I've been having a blast - It's been a few years since I've really played a Pokemon game, so I'm behind the times a bit (a lot).

I was wondering, with the Wonder Trade, Friend Safaris, etc. - Is it possible to get most pokemon just in X or Y? I'm aware it's very unlikely or difficult, and that there're probably some event pokemon that just aren't floating around, but I'm still curious about it.

Obviously I know that with X and Y you can fill the regional dex, but what about the national dex?

I think you can see 603 and catch 596? Before pokebank comes out
IGN: Udall
FC: 2423-2815-4889

Seifross2010
3 years ago#4
OfficeChair posted...

I have no idea about this, like I said. But I'm assuming it's impossible to literally catch every pokemon without attending real life events and playing each game extensively.

I'm wondering just how close you can get just in X and Y.

User Info: the_cajun88

the_cajun88
3 years ago#5
OfficeChair posted...

what else could it mean other that what it says?
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg

User Info: Tomudall

Tomudall
3 years ago#6
Seifross2010 posted...
OfficeChair posted...

I have no idea about this, like I said. But I'm assuming it's impossible to literally catch every pokemon without attending real life events and playing each game extensively.

I'm wondering just how close you can get just in X and Y.

So are you including the same pokemon but different events? Ex: regular torchic and speed boost torchic?
IGN: Udall
FC: 2423-2815-4889

Seifross2010
3 years ago#7
Tomudall posted...
Seifross2010 posted...
Hi everyone,

I think you can see 603 and catch 596? Before pokebank comes out

Ah, okay, thanks. That's good to know!

User Info: silverwing525

silverwing525
3 years ago#8
Seifross2010 posted...
Hi everyone,

There are a lot of pokemon (excluding Legendaries) that are NOT obtainable in just X and Y. So while it is possible to complete the Kalos Pokedex with only either X or Y, it will not be possible to complete the national pokedex until the Poketransfer comes out this December.
Let the silver light of Justice fill the world!
Official Lugia of PMD.

User Info: kirbydude385

kirbydude385
3 years ago#9
These are the Pokemon you CANNOT get: http://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml

So subtracting those gives you 593 not counting the new event legendaries that aren't available yet. Some of those in that list can be seen in post-game trainer battles, but not caught.
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So, actually catching them all.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived