This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Pursuit better than Crunch on a Jolly Tyranitar?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why is Pursuit better than Crunch on a Jolly Tyranitar?

User Info: EnvoyofunoII

EnvoyofunoII
3 years ago#1
Pursuit would just do the damage Crunch does in a situational circumstance, while doing half of the damage most of the time? Just beginning to try competitive and I don't understand this. Even if it does do more % wise when taking in consideration 40 + STAB x 2 is better than 80 + STAB (if that's how it works), how is that risking the chance of them not switching out?

I just got a 4IV Jolly Larvitar with Stealth Rock, Pursuit, and Dragon Dance egg moves and I don't understand why someone would go out of their way to put Pursuit on it. Sorry if this is a really dumb question.
Pokemon Y 3DS Friend Code: 3196-3840-9285

User Info: _KGC_

_KGC_
3 years ago#2
Who said it was "better"? I thought most Jolly sets (well Jolly and Scarf) use both Crunch and Pursuit.
WATCHING JAMES HARDEN'S QUALITY DONG EXTINGUISH MY TEAM'S DEFENSE REMINDS ME THAT LOLKNICKS
fatmelo.tumblr.com

User Info: neonplanets

neonplanets
3 years ago#3
Because they were breeding for egg moves and most ttar want to make use of pursuit. If not it will be useful for breeding it onto another one.

User Info: Gogito4

Gogito4
3 years ago#4
Pursuit trapping stuff like Latias can be key for winning the battle over doing a bit more damage.
Tales of Xillia... here I come!
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.

User Info: Pervert_Kuhn

Pervert_Kuhn
3 years ago#5
So you can switch in on a psychic or ghost type that really don't want to fight you, but have to, or else they die.
The Official Almaz von Almandine Adamant of the Disgaea 4 Board
Pokemon X FC: 4768-7650-8206. In-Game Name: Evangeline

User Info: EnvoyofunoII

EnvoyofunoII
3 years ago#6
I still have no idea why this is better than Crunch after these responses. It seems like it would just do the damage Crunch normally does in a good situation.
Pokemon Y 3DS Friend Code: 3196-3840-9285

User Info: Kromlech06

Kromlech06
3 years ago#7
Gengar can switch out of Crunch.

He cannot switch out of Pursuit.
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
TSV: 466 IGN: Lia

User Info: Gogito4

Gogito4
3 years ago#8
Latias can't switch out without dying. Gengar can't switch out without dying.
Tales of Xillia... here I come!
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.

User Info: neonplanets

neonplanets
3 years ago#9
EnvoyofunoII posted...
I still have no idea why this is better than Crunch after these responses. It seems like it would just do the damage Crunch normally does in a good situation.

Pursuit slaughters things that try to switch like Starmie.

User Info: ThatGuyOverDer

ThatGuyOverDer
3 years ago#10
EnvoyofunoII posted...

When Pokemon switch out on TTar, you can use Pursuit before they escape. Pursuit does a lot of damage when the opponent tries to switch out. Pursuit trapping also messes with psychic types.
Nintendo 3DS FC: 3866 - 8470 - 7794
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why is Pursuit better than Crunch on a Jolly Tyranitar?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived