This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who can counter Volcarona(other than Stealth Rock)?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Who can counter Volcarona(other than Stealth Rock)?

User Info: ThatGuyOverDer

ThatGuyOverDer
3 years ago#1
I'm having a hard time trying to take down Volcarona, I think I run into mostly Bulky Quiver Dance sets(EV'd in Defense). What can easily take it out? I might just teach my TTar Stone Edge or Rock Slide for the x4 weakness...
Nintendo 3DS FC: 3866 - 8470 - 7794

User Info: RatheV

RatheV
3 years ago#2
What on earth is your Ttar doing not knowing either of those moves?

I could suggest any number of rock pokemon, but that's probably the simplest bet.

User Info: bbkkristian

bbkkristian
3 years ago#3
Aurorus's counterpart comes to mind.
3DS FC: 2552-0940-6228. PSN: bbkkristian
Dissidia 012 Mains: Onion Knight, Lightning, Squall

User Info: AwesomeMario

AwesomeMario
3 years ago#4
Ttar without Stone edge or rock slide? What moveset are you running!? Anyways bad thing is Volcarona is extremely likely to OHKO you with Bug buzz (if it's +1) unless you run assault vest and there's a sandstorm out
Friend Codes,NN and PSN is in profile
People who think I'm Awesome: 17

User Info: crunchy612

crunchy612
3 years ago#5
Someone that can eat a boosted Quiver Dance'd Fire Blast or Bug Buzz and live, and is physically inclined.

TTar @ Assault Vest in the sand might survive a Bug Buzz, but i highly doubt it can OHKO. Plus there's switching and whatnot... >_>

Edit: IF, somehow, Volcy and Azumarill are out on the field together, there's a chance Volcy will QD and you Belly Drum; Aqua Jet off 1700+ attack shouls be more than enough. Then again, any decent Volcarona user will not do that...
Now playing: Pokemon X
3DS Friend Code, Ice Safari(Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras) - 5300-9651-4414

User Info: Cookies6498

Cookies6498
3 years ago#6
Azumarill resists both STABS, bug and fire, and can hit back with water type moves.
Not sure if that makes it a counter.
3DS FC: 2449- 5128- 2257/ Animal Crossing: Brandon/(Mei) @ New York
PKMN X: Brandon (Maractus,Oddish,Ivysaur in Safari) (SV=2885)

User Info: ThatGuyOverDer

ThatGuyOverDer
3 years ago#7
My TTar is a Special Wall that knows Ice Beam(in case of Dragons, but I haven't ran into one yet). I might give it one of those moves though, I'm not sure which one though. The set is:

Tyrantar @ Assault Vest
Sassy
Crunch
Pursuit
Ice Beam
Earthquake.

EDIT: Assault Vest TTar survives four hits of Bug Buzz under Sandstorm. Its less if boosted and Sandstorm is gone.
Nintendo 3DS FC: 3866 - 8470 - 7794

User Info: Akazora

Akazora
3 years ago#8
I typically use something with T-wave or trick + choice item to cripple any pokemon I didn't plan for. Chandelure resists both it's STABs if you don't want to go with that route though.

User Info: Xavuu

Xavuu
3 years ago#9
Talonflame, if you like overused things that everyone is sick of seeing.
STAB Quick Attack. Staraptor.

User Info: Giratinalga

Giratinalga
3 years ago#10
Specially Defensive w/ Assault Vest Tyranitar, Heatran (if not carrying HP Ground), Blissey (T-Wave/Seismo Toss cripple/kill it), Mega Charizard X, Talonflame (gotta be a little careful, but it can come in and immediately threaten it with priority BBird), Moltres, Azumarill, Kingdra (needs Swift Swim), Specially Defensive Gyarados/Mega Gyarados.

Off the top of my head.
PSN: julito427
3DS FC: 5300-9429-4816
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Who can counter Volcarona(other than Stealth Rock)?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived