This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Newbie breeding guidance, please

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Newbie breeding guidance, please

User Info: ThaLank

ThaLank
3 years ago#1
First game since Blue, I haven't managed to figure out breeding. I decided to start with Eevee because it seems like the most bang for the buck. So here's what I have (also, I'm not worried about Egg moves for the time being):

1 Female Eevee, 2 IVs (crappy nature) in a Luxury Ball
3 3IV Eevees (crappy natures)
2 2IV Eevees that also have a 0 in Attack (crappy natures)
4 3IV Dittos (crappy natures)
2 2iv Dittos with good natures. (Timid and Jolly)

Now, it would be preferable to hatch all of the to-be-evolved Eevees in the Luxury ball. But because of how much of a pain it is to get a female, it's not necessary.

I kind of went overboard with keeping anything resembling a quality Eevee. I feel like I could probable get rid of a few of these. I thought that babies inherited 3 IVs from each parent, but I now see I was mistaken.

I had a 3IV Ditto and one of the 2IV Eevees breeding for a while (that's where the 3IV Eevees came from).

So, with all of these, where should I go with my next few steps? Should I go ahead and get the nature I want, or keep trying to pump up the IVs? If the latter, what should I breed and to whom should I give the Destiny Knot?

Thank you all
"Already posted? I don't care. Read it again." - BostonRich
[ PSN: BurntGerbil ] : : : : : : : : : : : : [ 3DS: 3926-5778-3961 ]

User Info: J_Applei

J_Applei
3 years ago#2
It doesn't matter which parent you give the destiny knot to since IVs are randomly chose n between the two parents. Also, you should go for nature first and then breed for IVs because it'll be a pain to get a perfect Eevee and have to breed another one just for the nature, so get that out of the way.
I don't give a FAQ.
Applei 3DS: 3737-9612-2086---PM me if you want a free 5IV Goomy Egg~

User Info: wookieworker89

wookieworker89
3 years ago#3
What are you trying to breed for?
(which eeveelution? I just got done breeding the lil buggers haha)
FC:4527-8507-9518 If you play Pokemon, PM me yours so I can add you.
Flying Safari: Fletchinder, Hoothoot, Pidgey

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
3 years ago#4
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67604326
The Nanoha that you've always admired is an invincible Ace who will not lose to anybody.

User Info: ThaLank

ThaLank
3 years ago#5
J_Applei posted...
It doesn't matter which parent you give the destiny knot to since IVs are randomly chose n between the two parents. Also, you should go for nature first and then breed for IVs because it'll be a pain to get a perfect Eevee and have to breed another one just for the nature, so get that out of the way.

So the know gives 5 IVs total from both parents? All this time I've been thinking that it was 5 from one parent.
"Already posted? I don't care. Read it again." - BostonRich
[ PSN: BurntGerbil ] : : : : : : : : : : : : [ 3DS: 3926-5778-3961 ]

User Info: J_Applei

J_Applei
3 years ago#6
ThaLank posted...
J_Applei posted...

So the know gives 5 IVs total from both parents? All this time I've been thinking that it was 5 from one parent.

Yes, 5 IVs are randomly chosen from both parents so it doesn't matter which one you give it to. For more info like this, see the sticky on breeding perfect Pokemon.
I don't give a FAQ.
Applei 3DS: 3737-9612-2086---PM me if you want a free 5IV Goomy Egg~
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Newbie breeding guidance, please

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived