This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Passing down non hidden abilities

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Passing down non hidden abilities

User Info: ThaLank

ThaLank
3 years ago#1
I've tried to research the topic, but everything seems centered on hidden abilities.

When aiming to breed a pokemon with a non hidden ability, does the female need to have the desired ability?

I am trying to breed an Eevee with adaptability, and have only been able to breed females with Run away. Once I started breeding a 4 IV female, I have had 10 Run Away eggs in a row.

The few things I've found say that there should be a 50/50 shot between run away and adaptability, so long as I'm not breeding a female with anticipation. Am I just unlucky or have I listened to a bad source?

Edit: the 10 RA eggs were bred with a male with adaptability and the RA female (the female had an everstone)*
"Already posted? I don't care. Read it again." - BostonRich
[ PSN: BurntGerbil ] : : : : : : : : : : : : [ 3DS: 3926-5778-3961 ]

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire
3 years ago#2
The mother doesn't have to have the desired ability, but it's helpful, since the offspring will have an 80% chance of inheriting her ability.

...

Why are you trying for an Adaptability Eevee anyway? All of its evolved forms have only one regular ability.
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
Brian | FC: 0860-3353-5697 | Ice: Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong | TSV: 3630

User Info: MysterPixel

MysterPixel
3 years ago#3
If the mother has a regular ability, then the offspring has an 80% chance of having that ability and a 20% chance of getting the other ability. (Of course if that pokemon can only have one regular ability then it gets it 100% of the time).

If the mother has a hidden ability, the offspring has a 60% chance of getting that ability and a 20% chance for each of the regular abilities (or 40% chance if there is only one regular ability).


If your mother Eevee has Run Away then 80% of the eggs will also have Run Away.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Passing down non hidden abilities

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived