This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Before the release of HG/SS many people were skeptical about gen2 remakes

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Before the release of HG/SS many people were skeptical about gen2 remakes

User Info: Taiphlosion

Taiphlosion
3 years ago#1
just saying
I'm tired of everyone I know, of everyone I see, on the streets and on TV.

User Info: nskyliner34

nskyliner34
3 years ago#2
It was impossible to trade gen2 pokemon though but ya I think a gen3 remake still would be great.
"They laugh at me because im different...but i laugh at them because there all the same"

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#3
Yeah, but I'm expecting them.
See, back in January last year, I thought the big announcement would be Hoenn remakes. I was wrong.
Fairy type was speculated. I didn't believe in it. I was wrong.
Starter types were speculated to be Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark. I disagreed. I was wrong.
A fanart of a possible Froakie evolution was all over the internet. I thought that was real and Greninja was fake. I was wrong yet again.
I actually didn't think that Pokemon Bank would crash. I was wrong... AGAIN.

I believe Hoenn remakes are coming eventually. I'm sorry guys.
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF

User Info: kirbydude385

kirbydude385
3 years ago#4
CakeOfLies posted...
See, back in January last year, I thought the big announcement would be Hoenn remakes. I was wrong.
Starter types were speculated to be Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark. I disagreed. I was wrong.
A fanart of a possible Froakie evolution was all over the internet. I thought that was real and Greninja was fake. I was wrong yet again.

Starter types were speculated to be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting more than what actually happened.

Though I agree with most of your guesses (I was more on the fence about Greninja and I wasn't surprised Bank crashed)
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous

User Info: ClownRoyal

ClownRoyal
3 years ago#5
CakeOfLies posted...

Just because you were wrong, doesn't mean you caused the other incidents to be wrong.

Gen 3 will receive remakes at some point in the future. It's all about money, and remaking Gen 3 means a lot of easy money for GameFreak and Nintendo.

User Info: kingjam1

kingjam1
3 years ago#6
All Gen 3 Pokemon are obtainable in Gen 4,5 and 6 main series games.
Colloseum and XD are not main series games.

Gen 3 remakes will probably happen because Game Freak see an opportunity to make easy money out of their gullible fans.
Can't think of anything

User Info: Shyvana

Shyvana
3 years ago#7
Didn't the same thing happen in X/Y happen in Platinum?

Like, the NPCs in Platinum were talking/hinting about GSC remakes or something.
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)

User Info: massifbeef

massifbeef
3 years ago#8
I'd buy it simply for the fact of nostalgia.
My signature? I'd be happy to... NOT TELL YOU!

User Info: ozza

ozza
3 years ago#9
I am expecting them. I actually thought they might have been coming after gen 5. Though gen 6 actually makes more sense. Graphics have moved on sufficiently that they could blow away Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald's graphics.

I also think most people miss one of the ideas behind remaking the games. Part of it is surely that Pokemon picks up new young fans every generation. Gen 3 happened around 10 years ago now. Yes a lot of people who played then are still playing, but an even bigger number of people probably haven't played gen 3.
Ozza - 3969-5033-8014 - Krabby, Floatzel, Poliwhirl

User Info: sonOFestark

sonOFestark
3 years ago#10
CakeOfLies posted...

I vaguely remember you posting about a lot of that, oh my, lol, nostalgasm for the Gen 6 hype period.
3DS FC: 0087-2520-6557
Fire-type Safari: Pansear, Charmeleon, Braixen
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Before the release of HG/SS many people were skeptical about gen2 remakes

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived