This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I finally did it... it took me a week... but I finally did it... and here is how

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I finally did it... it took me a week... but I finally did it... and here is how

User Info: BareFootTuna

BareFootTuna
3 years ago#1
I bred a Timid, HP Fire, 31/xx/31/30/31/30, protean Froakie, inside of a net ball, and I hatched it in the Flood Chamber so it shows it in the summary screen. And I did this without instacheck. :) Sort of. Yeah, I know. I'm totally bragging right now. And yes, I want some attention. It took many hours of my life to do this. Ask me anything.

Don't get me wrong. I would have used instacheck, but then it got patched two days before I was going to start the breeding process. Luckily I had checked which of my pokemon had IVs of 30 so I could breed them onto Froakie. So I did use instacheck a little bit for that. But not to check Froakie eggs as it was patched by then. I didn't let the patch stop me from trying. And now I have my own perfect Froakie. The attack IV is a 6. I tried to get a 0 since this is a special sweeper but the RNG was not on my side. I managed to breed some with an attack IV of 1, 2, 3, but couldn't get a 0. I ended up settling with this one.

I spent 3-4 hours a day breeding for a whole week to get the first perfect HP Fire spread. Then another day or so to try and get one with a 0 attack. By the end of this I felt I would NEVER breed for a perfect Hidden Power spread ever again. I didn't even want to play pokemon anymore. lol. But I'm back now. If there is enough interest, I can make a guide of my process.

Honestly, after instacheck was patched, I just wanted to see how far I could get before I lost my mind. I wanted to overcome the breeding mechanics set by Gamefreak just to say I did it. And well, I did it. But I won't ever do it from scratch again.
3DS FC: 3196-3691-8780 --- IGN: Javy --- TSV:1105
Safari: Combee, Voltbeat, Venomoth

User Info: M4nnimal

M4nnimal
3 years ago#2
How is it perfect if the speed is 30?
"We thirsted for thunderbolts and great deeds."

User Info: Keldonis

Keldonis
3 years ago#3
M4nnimal posted...

It's perfect for HP Fire as it doesn't allow for a 31 in Speed.

30 is the highest you can go, granted if you want to run a Max HP fire.
3DS FC: 1977-1571-8378 IGN Heisenberg TSV: 2336

BareFootTuna
3 years ago#4
M4nnimal posted...

Its a perfect HP fire Froakie. The last three IV's need to be 30/31/30 to get HP Fire. There is no other way.

User Info: Loremas1861

Loremas1861
3 years ago#5
M4nnimal posted...

Most likely the best Greninja's IV's will be if HP Fire
FC for Pokemon X and Y: 1161-0180-2383
"Ches is Chesus Crist" - My hell-bent father

User Info: M4nnimal

M4nnimal
3 years ago#6
BareFootTuna posted...
M4nnimal posted...

Its a perfect HP fire Froakie. The last three IV's need to be 30/31/30 to get HP Fire. There is no other way.

Oh, okay.
"We thirsted for thunderbolts and great deeds."

User Info: Keldonis

Keldonis
3 years ago#7
Anyway, congrats on this TC. I have one as well and it's a shiny ;)

You're really gonna surprise those Scizors/Ferro's, and can even OHKO Mega Lucario as well as hit Mega Mawile extremely hard. Most people don't see it coming.

Personally though I prefer Hasty. I like non-hindered STAB U-turns.
3DS FC: 1977-1571-8378 IGN Heisenberg TSV: 2336

User Info: plasticman13

plasticman13
3 years ago#8
Cool! Now give it to a cloner so it can spread like wildfire and be more common than a Weedle.
3DS FC: FC: 2449-5859-9691
Pokemon X IGN: Drench Spear

User Info: Companion_Cube_

Companion_Cube_
3 years ago#9
HP breeding sucks.

I've been meaning to breed a HP Fire Venusaur, but the time it'll take is putting me off
Pokemon Y Friend Safari Pokemon: Dedenne, Electabuzz, Zebstricka
3DS FC: 3024 - 5019 - 8681 (I'm low on Friend slots ATM) IGN: X

BareFootTuna
3 years ago#10
Keldonis posted...
Anyway, congrats on this TC. I have one as well and it's a shiny ;)

You're really gonna surprise those Scizors/Ferro's, and can even OHKO Mega Lucario as well as hit Mega Mawile extremely hard. Most people don't see it coming.

Personally though I prefer Hasty. I like non-hindered STAB U-turns.

I thought about this. I'm not going to use U-Turn on this one. Which is why I made it Timid and went for a random attack IV.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I finally did it... it took me a week... but I finally did it... and here is how

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived