This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So can we agree that this game is OVERRATED?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So can we agree that this game is OVERRATED?

User Info: SweedishFeesh

SweedishFeesh
3 years ago#61
heavylobsterguy posted...
They made the multiplayer a lot better, which is really the only thing that matters to me. My biggest complaints are that you still can't battle 6 vs 6 in the Battle Spot and you can't rematch people either.

It's always the f***ing casuals complaining about the main campaign. Who even cares about the main campaign?

http://puu.sh/3ACtD.jpg

casuals he said..
inb4 tc is a huge f******,
but I played a few pokemon tournaments / Iv trained a few teams in past GENs. I dont play them for stories, but this one was noticably inferior compared to the previous. It just seemed like they were getting complacent / decided story doesnt matter as much, and sacrificed it for a hastily made pokemon.

User Info: hai_my_name_is_

hai_my_name_is_
3 years ago#62
B/W was terrible, your opinion is terrible.

User Info: Sebas27

Sebas27
3 years ago#63
hai_my_name_is_ posted...
B/W was terrible, my opinion is terrible.
"Strike me again, and I shall bury that rod in your spark"-Predaking to Starscream
(message deleted)

User Info: Taiki1927

Taiki1927
3 years ago#65
SweedishFeesh posted...
of course its my opinion. but here we go
inb4 why play a pokemon game for a story
inb4 but the online is great
inb4inb4

> The story is the worst I've played in the series.
> There's realtively not much new pokemon wise. it felt rehashed.
> This felt like a stepdown from Black/White series.
>The series had been steadily pumping out solid titles and remakes, even the HG/SS remakes were fantastic - this was a massive step down.

I'm sure the online and whatever blah blah is fantastic, but can't make it there if the characters are horrible. If you have to battle 3 rivals consecutively, then they aren't rivals. They're potatoes.

I know I shouldn't expect story in a pokemon game. I don't.
But the others rewarded you with atleast
1. a rival
2. competent dialogue
3.challenges

omfg isn't it enough that you create like 9/10 of the threads in xenoblade chronicles' board?

I disagree completely and would have appreciated it if you came up with decent reasons why the game would be "overrated".
Pokemon X / Y: Eevee Gym Leader
Animal Crossing (Dream Address): 7200-2770-5257

User Info: ThatKipp

ThatKipp
3 years ago#66
Taiki1927 posted...
SweedishFeesh posted...
of course its my opinion. but here we go
inb4 why play a pokemon game for a story
inb4 but the online is great
inb4inb4

> The story is the worst I've played in the series.
> There's realtively not much new pokemon wise. it felt rehashed.
> This felt like a stepdown from Black/White series.
>The series had been steadily pumping out solid titles and remakes, even the HG/SS remakes were fantastic - this was a massive step down.

I'm sure the online and whatever blah blah is fantastic, but can't make it there if the characters are horrible. If you have to battle 3 rivals consecutively, then they aren't rivals. They're potatoes.

I know I shouldn't expect story in a pokemon game. I don't.
But the others rewarded you with atleast
1. a rival
2. competent dialogue
3.challenges

omfg isn't it enough that you create like 9/10 of the threads in xenoblade chronicles' board?

I disagree completely and would have appreciated it if you came up with decent reasons why the game would be "overrated".

Please explain why every reason he stated isn't a "decent reason".
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725

User Info: Merc123

Merc123
3 years ago#67
I don't think its overrated and i really liked Gen VI just for the getting rid of sprites and having fully animated models, the game just looks great and a huge step up from previous gens.

The story wasn't as good as Gen V. Personally i thought those games had the best story, but its not like the other Gens had really good stories. I don't expect a good story out of Pokemon. I just expect 8 Gym Leaders, and Elite 4 and an Evil Team to fight along the way. Give me that and i am good.

I do wish there were some more Pokemon though, i wasn't really that impressed with the new ones.
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v2 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So can we agree that this game is OVERRATED?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived