This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is GF gonna be cheap with the amounts of New Pokemon released in the future?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is GF gonna be cheap with the amounts of New Pokemon released in the future?

User Info: TheRamosOnline

TheRamosOnline
3 years ago#11
Kalos put emphasis on older Generations, sticking too many new Pokemon in our faces would ruin that I believe.
I like the number we got, keep in mind I think Gen II only brought about 90ish Pokemon, 20 less than what we got in Gen VI.

User Info: MegaDuran

MegaDuran
3 years ago#12
gen 2 gave us 100 new pokemon.

considering we only had 151 back then, that was a huge increase in total numbers.
3DS: 3351-5468-4271 IGN: Benny
LF: EU 3DS Club Nintendo Star Code, FT: HIB 2 and 3 Steam Keys

User Info: pafbonk

pafbonk
3 years ago#13
TheRamosOnline posted...
Kalos put emphasis on older Generations, sticking too many new Pokemon in our faces would ruin that I believe.
I like the number we got, keep in mind I think Gen II only brought about 90ish Pokemon, 20 less than what we got in Gen VI.

What
Bow-ties are cool.

User Info: TheSnubbz

TheSnubbz
3 years ago#14
Bump!

User Info: kirbydude385

kirbydude385
3 years ago#15
Going from 156 to 72 was a bad move.

I realize they should take the number down a bit, but I was expecting around 100
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous

User Info: MegaSlush

MegaSlush
3 years ago#16
Well, you also have to consider mega evolutions...
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. aka Snack.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1

User Info: Tempestuous_Sea

Tempestuous_Sea
3 years ago#17
kirbydude385 posted...

I realize they should take the number down a bit, but I was expecting around 100

If anything, 156 was excessive, and we were all spoiled by it. 72 plus around 30 megas is perfectly fine.
0275-8182-1722 | Pansage, Swadloon, Quilladin
I still need you, but I don't want you now

User Info: CountPopeula

CountPopeula
3 years ago#18
kirbydude385 posted...

Eh, look at the philosophy of the games. Gen V was all new, all different. I believe it's the only generation where the first games didn't have a single older pokemon until the post-game. It was basically a soft-reboot of then franchise. It moves out of the time frame of Gens I/II for the first time.

Gen VI is everything old is new again. Everyone talks about the old games, it's primarily older pokemon with a heavy focus on Gen I with almost every Gen I pokemon available and mega evolutions that seem to spotlight Gen I more than the others, and you get a Gen I starter with a mega stone before you get to the second gym. So it makes sense that it has the least new pokemon, since the focus is really on the older ones.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire

User Info: CallMeSeeker

CallMeSeeker
3 years ago#19
Hopefully. They need to slow the f*** down.
3DS FC: 4871-4243-1264 || ACNL Town: Furtopia
Pokemon Y IGN: Vic || Friend Safari: Nincada, Trapinch, Gastrodon
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is GF gonna be cheap with the amounts of New Pokemon released in the future?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived